• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Affordable Double barrel shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christiaan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is the first pics I promised of the affordable new Double Barrel percussion shotgun that will be on the market soon. It is made in India. 12Ga, but we might have to go to 20ga as the manufacturers say it feels a bit heavy. As soon as we tested it and sort out some birth pains the production will start. I will keep you updated.
DBPshotg6.jpg

001.jpg
002.jpg

DBPshotg3.jpg

Mike, please give us feedback. I did not want to post the pictures before everything was tested and sorted out. But we are really rookies, and will appreciate any suggestions. So I decided to post the sample to get feedback and possibly put a better product on the market. You can even email me. Thanks for giving of your time, talent and experience to help us all. :hatsoff:

Keep us posted on price and availability. You've got an instant customer here if the barrels are not choked. That's stopped me from buying the Pedersoli, and I'll pass on yours too, if there are chokes.

Sorry Brownbear I now realise I created a misunderstanding. I'm just the initiator of the project. I live beyond the big pond far away from you. I do not have any info on the price but when I started negotiating this product with India I understood that it will be quite affordable for us normal guys. I bought the first sample (affordable in SA terms) and will give you feedback. But I understand from the manufacturers that an American Company are interested in the product.

No Problem. You have helped get the ball rolling as well as passing along the info, and that's a lot of help.

Are your barrels choked?

No, they are not choked. But they might be thick enough to jug choke them. I'd like to send one to be jug choked. But also like one as a smooth bore 'slug' gun :confused: (can't afford both though)
What do you think?

I'm fascinated with jug choking based on positive reports, but have no first hand experience. I shot a fair bit of PRB through my old Navy Arms 12 SxS, but with mediocre results. The big front bead and lack of a rear "sight" didn't give me the kind of accuracy I'd want for any conceivable use of PRB.

If jug choking one barrel and leaving the other cylinder bore allowed you to use the gun more effectively with shot in the field, I'd say go for it.

Back in the '70's, Navy Arms imported some 12 ga. shotguns from India. They had both a double and a single barrel. The Single was very light and had graceful lines, very much like a pistol grip English gun such as a Gibbs. The double was very heavy though. I had one of each and though they were a bit rough they did work OK. I eventually cut the double to 20" barrels and it handled great at that length.

I had one of those double nipple guns from India I bought in AK. You are right, they were heavy and crude, but very servicable. Friend of mine in Cody still has it, I later got a little Navy Arms two row 12.

Back