• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Double barrel muzzle loading shotgun - 12 gauge - Navy Arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have up for sale an excellent 12 gauge double barrel shotgun made by Navy Arms. The barrels are Cyl/Cyl and it is a great shooter. it hits where aimed. it is about 13 1/2 LOP and weight maybe 5 to 6 pounds. Swings easy. I have gotten quite a few pheasants with it. The lock bridles were changed years ago and the new bridles are good steel to give the locks a life time of service. The original cast bridles were known to be brittle and break. The locks are engraved and I love the dragon head hammers with the body scales and the eyes. I am asking$750 for the shotgun and this includes a shooters box with over powder cards, over shot cards and vegetable fiber cushion wads. I even have the original book that came with the shotgun. That might be petty rare. I will not ship. This is FTF purchase only in S.E. Ohio.
Ohio Rusty ><>
Addition: I attached a pic of the shooters box with 500 vegetable fiber wads, 1000 over shot cards and 1000 over powder cards. There is shot and felt wads I made also. Lots of accessories in the box, extra nipples, loading accessories, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_2330.JPG
    IMG_2330.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 33
  • shotgun.JPG
    shotgun.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 0
  • shotgun 2.JPG
    shotgun 2.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 0
  • shooters box.JPG
    shooters box.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Come on guys! If the seller doesn’t want to ship, so be it. It takes some time to pack and ship. There are risks related to payment or loss in transit. Maybe just the thought of not having a face to face transaction doesn’t appeal. Also where I live in Kansas I would have a very limited market and places to do an ad, i.e. Craigslist, FB don’t do firearms. Now, an ad here on the forum covers a huge audience comparatively. It could easily reach folks within 100 miles with a meet up that wasn’t too hard to do if each drove 50 miles.

I want to share my experience with the Seller of the shotgun. He shipped my purchase quickly and in very good order. The guns were very well maintained and in excellent condition. If they are anything like the shotgun, it's well worth the trip to buy it FTF. If I didn't already own two 12's, I'd have already bought it. I can appreciate his reluctance to ship the shotgun. The shipping costs are higher and an unknown and the risks of in shipment damage are a lot higher. I can relate to that with an experience that I had in getting on through the postal process. It can be risky. I wouldn't be deterred by the FTF requirement. The seller is a straight shooter and is upfront and honest. I really appreciate the experience that I had in purchasing from him.

I want to share my experience with the Seller of the shotgun. He shipped my purchase quickly and in very good order. The guns were very well maintained and in excellent condition. If they are anything like the shotgun, it's well worth the trip to buy it FTF. If I didn't already own two 12's, I'd have already bought it. I can appreciate his reluctance to ship the shotgun. The shipping costs are higher and an unknown and the risks of in shipment damage are a lot higher. I can relate to that with an experience that I had in getting on through the postal process. It can be risky. I wouldn't be deterred by the FTF requirement. The seller is a straight shooter and is upfront and honest. I really appreciate the experience that I had in purchasing from him.
So he shipped a gun to you?

Yes. He stated in the ad that he would ship the revolver with the buyer paying the shipping. Long guns are a different matter. They are more prone to damage and the surcharges now are high for them. They are more difficult to package safely. I've bought some that way, and they too often have shipping damage. Sometimes it's minor and not worth mentioning, but I'm one to fix things myself whereas some folks would be put off by the need to repair a shipped item. It's best for some sellers to just avoid the hassle of shipping and hoping for the best. I would feel the same way if I were selling a long gun. I kinda like buying FTF. It lets you meet some neat people from this list.

Is gun his rules. Now we know he a stand up guy so get on down to SE Ohio and get ya a great shot gun (or perhaps keep them eyes peeled and get the next one here). My Grandpa lived in WA Indiana so if this was 40 years ago Id have him go get it! But he forgot to get up one day and I aint seen him in a long while.

Too much whining BS in these ad's. We had a guy made a mis speak about triggers n hammers and was freaking CRUCIFIED. I noted the next day the ad was gone as well as all signs of it including my speaking up for him. That seller wont be back.

Missin Mr. Z fer sure.

Is gun his rules. Now we know he a stand up guy so get on down to SE Ohio and get ya a great shot gun (or perhaps keep them eyes peeled and get the next one here). My Grandpa lived in WA Indiana so if this was 40 years ago Id have him go get it! But he forgot to get up one day and I aint seen him in a long while.

Too much whining BS in these ad's. We had a guy made a mis speak about triggers n hammers and was freaking CRUCIFIED. I noted the next day the ad was gone as well as all signs of it including my speaking up for him. That seller wont be back.

Missin Mr. Z fer sure.

Not arguin' with you, this is an awesome gun & Rusty sure has the option to put any restrictions on the sale he wants to. But usin' ol' "Double Hammers" ad warn't the best example. Yeah, he got rode a bit but the reason his ad disappeared, it was deleted because by rules he wasn't eligible to post an ad. Then he immediately tried to slide by the rules again by posting it for sale in the percussion section. It got deleted again. He's ghosted a few ads here & there offering it to people on their ads.

I am looking for a black powder shotgun. Over the past week I have tried to get 2 only to have them sold before I can make a offer. I am the shipping person at the Co. I work for so I could make shipping easy. I would send a shipping label or labels with the moneys. The shipment would be insured for $800.00. Please let me know if you will even consider this.

I don't have access to any shipping containers that could hold a firearm. A wood box like Kibler does is best, but I don't have any way to cut or make a wood box or have the wood to do that. I also don't have anyway to ship that large field box packed full of 12 gauge components to go with the gun. The new rules about extra surcharges on length make it even more expensive. I'm going to a gun show next month and I'll have hundreds look at it. I thought I would offer it to anyone in the tri-state area. I'm only 40 minutes from W. Virginia and Kentucky and not quite an hour to Columbus.
Ohio Rusty ><>

I have up for sale an excellent 12 gauge double barrel shotgun made by Navy Arms. The barrels are Cyl/Cyl and it is a great shooter. it hits where aimed. it is about 13 1/2 LOP and weight maybe 5 to 6 pounds. Swings easy. I have gotten quite a few pheasants with it. The lock bridles were changed years ago and the new bridles are good steel to give the locks a life time of service. The original cast bridles were known to be brittle and break. The locks are engraved and I love the dragon head hammers with the body scales and the eyes. I am asking$750 for the shotgun and this includes a shooters box with over powder cards, over shot cards and vegetable fiber cushion wads. I even have the original book that came with the shotgun. That might be petty rare. I will not ship. This is FTF purchase only in S.E. Ohio.
Ohio Rusty ><>
Addition: I attached a pic of the shooters box with 500 vegetable fiber wads, 1000 over shot cards and 1000 over powder cards. There is shot and felt wads I made also. Lots of accessories in the box, extra nipples, loading accessories, etc.
Hey brother give me a shout might be worth a trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back