• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A New Vyce

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
II saw one of these vices in a post and saw it’s potential to convert it into a back jaw moving vyce, something that I’ve wanted for a while; I have a small wood working vyce with such a jaw but it’s rather limited.
I managed to get the vyce at a bit less than the US price and free delivery from 400 odd miles away.

I managed to convert it without much work and it is now set up and being used; when I manage to work out how to post pics I’ll post some.
I DID IT!!!

Attachments

• BE5B5E6F-EA80-45E3-9EC3-F39CD89A3EEB.jpeg
    BE5B5E6F-EA80-45E3-9EC3-F39CD89A3EEB.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Here’s the conversion.
I made the base from scrap ply, 5 thicknesses glued together and with a hole through it so that I can work on barrels etc.,the brackets are angle iron from the scrap collection.
I did away with the wheel and made a conventional handle which I find much better.
‘I’ve saved all the bits though in case someone, in the future, wants it as original.

Attachments

• C9E9EE74-A104-43DD-8FCE-D237B41AE663.jpeg
    C9E9EE74-A104-43DD-8FCE-D237B41AE663.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Nicely done -- that's a good vise and a lot of people use that style. You will find that it will be very useful to you with your modifications - good luck with it. :thumb: ;)

Latest posts

Back