• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SCHUETZEN MUSKET CAPS 4-WING

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeen

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi, new member here - can someone tell me, please, will the Schuetzen 4-wing musket caps fit on the Ruger Old Army?

I just bought a ROA, and don't have it in-hand yet, but wanted to go ahead and buy some primers, powder, balls, etc., before it came.

I'm open to suggestions for preferred powder, caps, and bullets or balls too. :)

Thank you!

Those musket caps are way too large to fit on your Ruger Old Army. RWS 1075 might be your best choice. I have used CCI #11's which are very hard to find.

Use a 0.457" diameter round ball. Black powder is best but Triple 7 3f grade is acceptable substitute. Use a volume measure as substitute powders are less dense than black powder but are meant to be equivalent in performance on a volume basis.

Always thoroughly clean your ROA (or any other muzzle loading firearm) after shooting. Some powders (Pyrodex in particular) leave a very fine layer of fouling that is extremely corrosive and must be washed away before storing the firearm.

Last edited:
Thanks, brother. I was able to pick up everything but percussion caps. Will CCI #10s work?

MagSpark may be an option if you cannot find percussion caps

Attachments

• MS2.jpg
    MS2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
  • MS3.jpg
    MS3.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 0
  • MS1.jpg
    MS1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 0
Back