• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Using Musket Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotag84

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I've used #11 percussion caps on my cap n ball revolver, just give them a pinch before putting them on the nipple and they fit and work fine. Anyone try the same with 4 wing 'musket caps'? Will they fit and work on a cap n ball revolver or modern Traditions percussion rifle? Asking if anyone has tried this considering the issue with trying to find #10 and #11 caps,

I have not tried, but the musket caps are going to be way too large for a revolver. I would think that they would work great on the Traditions rifle, provided the nipple cup isn't too small.

Ok, I see now. Thanks to Justin.44 who sent me a PM with a picture of side by side comparison.

Back