• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Schuetzen 4 wing musket caps ..school me please

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never used T7 never will
That is fine ..every man should be happy with what he is comfortable with and that fits his shooting needs ..in my case if I can get a 10 day mountain hunt in with below freezing weather and not ruin my smoke pole because I cannot flush it properly I am a happy camper ..
So if you don't have the need don't consider the change

Thanks
Bear

You could make the trip to Grafs in Mexico, Missouri or Midway USA in Columbia, Missouri for black powder supplies Bear
A couple years ago maybe if they had had all the stuff I needed a once which I have not seen .. but honestly I have caught a couple of Walmart deals and a couple small online dealers and have a few thousand caps of mixed brands n sizes and several pounds of 3F Triple Seven which is snappy hot requires less volume to match black and cleans up like a dream
So now no trips PLUS I am hoping the market softens ..I know dealers have orders in every where and when the gate opens there will be some folks needing to turn their $$ ..I hope:cool:

Bear

:dunno:

Oooookay.

Do you treat your unmentionable weapons that way, because ALL modern primers (center fire) have LEAD STYPHNATE in them. It is the prime ingredient that makes them go boom.

https://www.virtusammo.com/primers-101-how-are-ammunition-primers-are-made/
Not so . I worked for a company which imports special toxin free ,including lead free , pistol and rifle ammo for use by police and armed forces in indoor ranges . There is no lead styphnate in the primers . Its a Occupation Safety and Health requirement .All very PC ,

My only downside with T7 And Pyrodex is I can't use it in flintlocks.

Other than that, with Goex reopening there should be no problem getting the real Black.

If Remington will pump out some more #10 caps then revolver shooters would be happier.

Back