• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

6-Pointer Today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
No, I didn't get him nor even shoot at him.

I thought I'd mention that he trotted across the the country road upon which I was driving to work this morning (not so close as to be a problem), but I thought that by now he'd a shed that rack. It's a winding road so I couldn't stop to get a photo for y'all. Sorry.

Are the bucks still in antlers where you are ???

LD

No, I didn't get him nor even shoot at him.

I thought I'd mention that he trotted across the the country road upon which I was driving to work this morning (not so close as to be a problem), but I thought that by now he'd a shed that rack. It's a winding road so I couldn't stop to get a photo for y'all. Sorry.

Are the bucks still in antlers where you are ???

LD
Still do here in Indiana

Me and the girls (german sheperds) walking down the street last week and two very nice mulies with antlers intact crossed a few blocks in front of us.

I saw a buck in Iowa one time April 14. Still had both sides. That’s the latest I’ve ever seen. It’s not uncommon to see them in March with some here in PA.

Went for a little hike up on the mountain here at my place yesterday. On my way back I walked through some thick stuff on deer trails looking for sheds. Per usual I found none.

One of my lessors is supposed to bring a dog which is trained to find sheds in April, will be interesting to see what he finds.

I find most of mine in tractor and truck tires.

Saw a small buck with rack here in ct yesterday. Interesting that I shot a buck in early dec last year, 22’, that had dropped its antlers. I’m guessing he was a fighter

CE511889-D229-4188-BD13-5CBC07E13B40.jpeg

136450B1-C6E3-480B-9993-D22FDB5E51C0.jpeg

It's a very weird year. I have some bucks on my trail cams that lost antlers in late Dec/early January. Some more recent..... but then I have some that still have them....
And stranger still, I have some making fresh rubs, and a couple weeks ago caught two small bucks fighting. Not like early season sparing and feeling eachother out,,, they are going to town on eachother for at least 3 minutes....

Back