• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

6-Pointer Today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info...
A shed verification certificate is taking things too far in my opinion,,,,, but, it is Colorado. One of the most insightful books I've read on poor wildlife management is a situation in Colorado,,,, "A Beast in The Garden."

Are the deer that tame close to town that one can get close enough to knock the antlers off with a ball bat?
Not "tame" just starving. The deer come into town every year, usually people leave them alone and they just stare as you walk by, it's a small town but getting crowded with apartments and 'low income housing'. Not good to have them too spooky or you have a dozen + deer fleeing across the main street (which does have a 25mph limit, that no one obeys). But yes, 5 kids with a baseball bat can slowly surround them and get close enough, they will linger in a yard and you can walk right past within a foot or two as long as you are quiet, not walking a dog, or making fast move or lounging at them - again, around here we try Not to spook them to wete they run out into the street.
The deer here, like the Sherif once wrote in the paper, are "Part of our city, they are here mostly for the winter then return to the hills once the snow is gone".
Much like our Bear and Mountain Lion, the city will Not respond to any calls Unless one turns Agressive, then they will come out with the Karelian Bear Dogs (yes, that is a real breed) and chase it out...and fine you if they find you haven't followed local laws to detour them (trash cans, domestic animal food, etc).
We are not allowed to harvest or harass the geese, ducks, or quail either.
Pretty much any critters other then varmints (mice, rats) within city limits are protected like a refuge...the private housing area just behind us is even marked as a "Wildlife Sanctuary" with posted signs (but personally I think they only applied for tax reasons, just my thoughts)

Not "tame" just starving. The deer come into town every year, usually people leave them alone and they just stare as you walk by, it's a small town but getting crowded with apartments and 'low income housing'. Not good to have them too spooky or you have a dozen + deer fleeing across the main street (which does have a 25mph limit, that no one obeys). But yes, 5 kids with a baseball bat can slowly surround them and get close enough, they will linger in a yard and you can walk right past within a foot or two as long as you are quiet, not walking a dog, or making fast move or lounging at them - again, around here we try Not to spook them to wete they run out into the street.
The deer here, like the Sherif once wrote in the paper, are "Part of our city, they are here mostly for the winter then return to the hills once the snow is gone".
Much like our Bear and Mountain Lion, the city will Not respond to any calls Unless one turns Agressive, then they will come out with the Karelian Bear Dogs (yes, that is a real breed) and chase it out...and fine you if they find you haven't followed local laws to detour them (trash cans, domestic animal food, etc).
We are not allowed to harvest or harass the geese, ducks, or quail either.
Pretty much any critters other then varmints (mice, rats) within city limits are protected like a refuge...the private housing area just behind us is even marked as a "Wildlife Sanctuary" with posted signs (but personally I think they only applied for tax reasons, just my thoughts)
Yup, sounds like the recipe for the tragic results outlined in, "The Beast in The Garden."
Keeping and protecting easy prey in town is like swimming in the ocean with wounded seals.

Latest posts

Back