• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

58-caliber Hawken-style ML

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joliver

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody know a good source for a .58 cal Hawken-style muzzleloader at a reasonable price? All the .58s I see are CW rifle muskets, i.e., Zouave, Springfields, etc.

Jerry ::

Anybody know a good source for a .58 cal Hawken-style muzzleloader at a reasonable price? All the .58s I see are CW rifle muskets, i.e., Zouave, Springfields, etc.

Jerry ::

Well, Thompson/Center offers their "TC Hawken" in .58cal caplock & flintlock, standard 28" x 1:48" barrel...call Fox Ridge at 1-800-243-4570, option #3...Ms. Rae DesRosiers has always been good to work with for me on other purchases.

However, in my case, I bought a .58cal GM "drop-in" 1 x 33" x 1:70" round ball flint barrel designed to 'drop-in' the TC Hawken...I used a .54cal Hawken percussion stock I had, resold the percussion barrels, etc

The .58cal is an outstanding caliber, extremely accurate, and a Hornady .570/279grn ball is a powerhouse with a lot more energy at longer range than smaller roundballs...took a couple bucks with it last year.

There is an old model cva hawken in 58 cal on gunbroker right now with a buy it now for 200.00 or starting bid of 150.00.I also seen a 58 cal T/C hawken I think on auction arms but may have also been gunbroker.

What is your price range and how authentic do you want to be. Nice, authentic rifles start at over a thousand dollars. The so-called hawkens are much less but you get what you pay for.

An absolute copy of an existing rifle was for sale at a gathering last year new for 700$ Of course, It weighed 12 pounds and wasn't pretty or graceful. It was built as close as possible to being an exact replica of the original. That BB Mountian rifle looks to have been redone from the finish and I would enquire about the bore before purchasing it.

Back