• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

44 fun.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkovire

45 Cal.
Reaction score
44 fun shooting yesterday, the 58" rem is a nice gun, but i think i will save up and get me the walker.dontevenask, i am not selling my58".

the '58 is my favorite but I own an ROA and owned a '51 Navy. I've never felt under-gunned carrying mine in the woods.

Revolvers are like potato chips...you can never have just one! :thumbsup:

Enjoy making smoke with yours!

Dave

Like so many others, I've also always preferred pistols to rifles. Colt, Glock, S&W, Uberti, Pietta, Beretta--whenever I get the bug to buy a rifle, I wind up with another pistol. A Uberti .38 1851 Navy Conversion is next up. The .45 LC cowboy loads are so hard to find I figured going with a .38 might at least keep me in business.

Magtech makes a .45LC 250 grain lead Cowboy loading. My local guy carries them, and so does Cabela's. Ten-X and one or two others make them too. Look in a catalog and you'll find what you want.

Goex Black Dawg has two BP loadings, 200 or 210 grains, and the 250 grain bullet. REAL BLACK so you get REAL SMOKE!

Dave

Load your own.

I recently aquired a Lee Loader (think they now market it as the Lee Classic Loader) in 357 and made myself some BP loads. Stepped out on the back porch and let one fly and the wife asked did I set the backyard on fire... I LIKE SMOKE!

My local store has been out of Magtech .45 LC for some weeks, as has Cabelas. In fact the cowboy loads in many calibers have been difficult to find, but 45 LC has been the worst. The answer is the same on every site I've tried, for Magtech, Winchester and a number of other brands--out of stock but expecting a shipment "soon." My Uberti Army will handle smokeless powder, as long as they are not high velocity, +P type rounds. But the price difference is rough. Twenty Winchester .45LC (smokeless) are $19.99 at my local store while 50 Magtech cowboy loads are $31.00.

Just start putting some pressure on your gun toting buddies to give some up. They probably have a basement full of them because everyone freaked out and wiped out the store shelves when the new guy got elected. A friend of mine was making the same complaint about ammo availability and I happened to peek in his cabinet :shocked2: He's got about enough to hold off the red army.

To All:

Gentlemen. Please refrain from discussing cartridge guns.
This is not the place to discuss non-muzzleloading guns or those funny little cans that folks put powder, cap and ball in.

They'll never catch on anyway. I mean, what would you do if you were out in the wilderness and ran out of those things? Throw your gun at the deer? :grin:

Tried that once. Didn't work - he picked it up and threw it back, and he had better aim.

No, I'd do that thing like George Clooney in that new movie. Use mind power to send it into convulsions so it collapses to the ground. I might not try that on a bear though.

Back