• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Remington 1858:Opinions and advice please.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norsk

32 Cal
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to happen across this revolver in .44,its in pretty decent condition for its age. Alas the threads in one of the nipple holes in sloppy,I dare not fire it in this state. I was wondering who you learned folks would recommend to repair this for me? I would love to shoot with it,I replaced the nipples and I guess one was corroded in and undoing the nipple it broke the rust free.,I certainly didnt over torque the nipple itself.

I have a new reproduction hammer,mainspring and hand to install to save the originals.

Attachments

• 20240126_213457.jpg
    20240126_213457.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240126_213722.jpg
    20240126_213722.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240126_213443.jpg
    20240126_213443.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240126_213435.jpg
    20240126_213435.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Lodgewood in Janesville Wisconsin would do a good job. It's a valuable gun and needs to be carefully repaired.
The nipple holes are not parallel to the sides of the cylinder, they are at an angle.

As always, find out what the value of the gun is, then make a decision as to doing something to it or keep it, sell it.

A lot of variables and I won't claim to know the value of that model, but they can go into the 20K+ range.

Its not a good candidate for shooting.

Lodgewood in Janesville Wisconsin would do a good job. It's a valuable gun and needs to be carefully repaired.
The nipple holes are not parallel to the sides of the cylinder, they are at an angle.

Yes I am aware of that fact,thank you for suggesting Lodgewood.I suppose they would thread in a insert that in turn the nipple threads into?

I will send them an Email.

Latest posts

Back