• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

4-Bore shoulder cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al1

32 Cal
Reaction score
Posted asking about Puntguns..Now wondering if any member built 4-bore or8-bore ?I am looking for information on how to build them.

Depending where you live has some country's do not allow any bore size over 10
Feltwad

What sort of gun are you thinking about here?
Are you thinking about a big game gun. an Indian or cape gun, or a wall gun that’s more of a swivel type?

Image of my 4 bore percussion fowler at a Game Fair this gun I built in the 1980 ,s
Feltwad
4 bore.JPG

Feltwad is right as ever on this topic .I made a 8 bore barrel thinking' duck gun' but limit in NZ is like Canada 10 bore . But itle come in. Ive had it since 1970( dos'nt eat much grass) .Likley end up as a' Dragon' or Ammusette .Couple of blunderbusses maybe .
Nothing stopping you making one just not harvesting duck with one . Ducks would doubtless agree .
Rudyard

I have a very scaled down version of what "might" have been a small punt gun. I wanted the style but to be able to handle it. We put a 72" barrel in 20 GA on it, full stock and flintlock. Had to rebuild a lock to the proper scale. Got it down to 11 #. Still impressive to look at.

Feltwad is right as ever on this topic .I made a 8 bore barrel thinking' duck gun' but limit in NZ is like Canada 10 bore . But itle come in. Ive had it since 1970( dos'nt eat much grass) .Likley end up as a' Dragon' or Ammusette .Couple of blunderbusses maybe .
Nothing stopping you making one just not harvesting duck with one . Ducks would doubtless agree .
Rudyard
just what is a DRAGON and a AMMUSETTE? I do know that one is a fire breathing monster flying monster, the other?

Back