• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Civil war cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am thinking about purchasing an authentic, full size, shootable with projectiles civil war cannon. Who are the quality manufacturers? Is there a company that deals in the sale of authentic cannon? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Patio,
When you say authentic, do you mean an actual antique that was in the civil war or an authentic style modern replica?

You might contact the North South Skirmish association as their members could put an army sized artillery train together if needed.
They would be able to put you on suppliers

Oh and be ready to spend some money! The carriage will cost as much or more than just the barrel most likely.

You might contact the North South Skirmish association as their members could put an army sized artillery train together if needed.
They would be able to put you on suppliers
Yes. The N-NSA has a cannon shoot at their Spring and Fall National meets in Winchester, VA. I'd go there in person and talk to the cannon shooters to learn more. This subject requires a lot of study before "pulling the lanyard", so to speak! :)

You could always make a field trip to Statesville NC on 3/9. We'll be hosting a Recruit Skirmish and the Wee Beastie will be there barking at the backstop

Yes, it's a full size Parrot rifle. During the War, there was some experimentation with this size Parrot to equip cavalry and other forces that operated in rough terrain. Yes, it's accurate. We finished 2nd in Rifled Howitzer at N-SSA Nationals two years ago and first at a shoot last November in Statesville.
image3.jpeg

You could always make a field trip to Statesville NC on 3/9. We'll be hosting a Recruit Skirmish and the Wee Beastie will be there barking at the backstop

Yes, it's a full size Parrot rifle. During the War, there was some experimentation with this size Parrot to equip cavalry and other forces that operated in rough terrain. Yes, it's accurate. We finished 2nd in Rifled Howitzer at N-SSA Nationals two years ago and first at a shoot last November in Statesville.
View attachment 294601
Hi Dave,

Would love to attend the skirmish in Statesville but I have a prior commitment that weekend.

Please give me more information on this meet.
The recruitment skirmish is sponsored by the Palmetto Sharpshooters which is a team belonging to the North-South Skirmish Association. The skirmish will be held on March 9, 2024 at the Allison Woods range in Statesville, NC. The team will provide lunch, ammunition to shoot various firearms from the American civil war, and a great time. You might be one of the chosen to light off little beastie. The cost to you is nothing - free! All that is asked is that you email the team and let us know that you are coming. Will post the email address soon as I don’t know it offhand.

Latest posts

Back