• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.36 vs. .44 "Stopping Power"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do love the banter, ideas, etc.
But i can only imagine what them old boys from 150 years ago who were shooting pistols used up from the civil war, passed down from grandpa vet and the timing was so bad they had to hold the cylinder with left hand to align to barrel, just to hit a rabbit to get food for a family of 4.
I think they would be amused. Maybe confused.
99% of them would sell the old pistol, pick up a Ruger single six in .22 LR and continue dropping rabbits and squirrels.

Just my opinion but the .36 would & did kill people. Hogs, bears, Deer & on up ain't people. That's why i got my .44 because i want to hunt deer close, say 40 yds. & closer. I know the .44 will kill them

I've subscribed to Elmer Keith's theory, 'If it ain't big, it ain't sh*t!' for years. I think he knew a thing or two about 'big' calibers, having grown up with a 30-06 as his first rifle. Then going on to help develop both the .357 & .44 magnum. When concealability is an issue, I carry my NAA .22. When it isn't I carry my 1911 in ,45 ACP. Then if I am feeling particularly frivolous, I carry my New Army c&b in .44. At none of these times do I feel 'under armed' with even my NAA .22, Among other things, I believe that shot placement is important and often practice shot placement under stressful situations.
If you can not place your shot nothing else matters.

Latest posts

Back