• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a guy that has a video on YouTube hunting squirrels with a Mountain Feist I believe in WV. And you'll never guess what he was using, yep a Crockett rifle. Most of his kills were head shots. Id like to hunt with a dog like that, I'm just too stoved up to keep up with a dog anymore.

Enjoying read this thread fellas. Please keep it up and post some more pictures.

It has been many years since I moved away from the south and squirrel hunting. I still miss it. A gray squirrel was the first game animal I took.
Hello Ol Bob.

Don’t know if you’ve seen it or not but there’s a previous thread on here in this section called 2023 Fall Squirrel Season. If you haven’t seen it yet, you might enjoy it. There’s lots of great information in that thread from some very good members.

It was on the second page of this section.

I just bumped it up for you.

Last edited:
A little more good news, we’ll, for me anyway. The PT guy told me that if I continue with my home PT as I have been, that I should be able to hunt the steep terrain here come the opening of spring squirrel season.

This gives me even more incentive to be a good boy, stick with it, and don’t do anything stupid before I’m healed up. Historically, I’ve always been one to push things like this too early.

Last edited:
There is a guy that has a video on YouTube hunting squirrels with a Mountain Feist I believe in WV. And you'll never guess what he was using, yep a Crockett rifle. Most of his kills were head shots. Id like to hunt with a dog like that, I'm just too stoved up to keep up with a dog anymore.
Hello Tom.

Is that the video of the guy riding his ATV behind his squirrel dog?

A little more good news, we’ll, for me anyway. The PT guy told me that if I continue with my home PT as I have been, that I should be able to hunt the steep terrain here come the opening of spring squirrel season.

This gives me even more incentive to be a good boy, stick with it, and don’t do anything stupid before I’m healed up. Historically, I’ve always been one to push things like this too early.
Stay the course my friend! 🤣

Ed, after he sees the Crockett Rifle bring down a squirrel, and how it all comes together, he'll be teaching the young ones about muzzleloaders hopefully...

Take Care Stay Safe
I agree Fred. I used to be that guy that only counted a good day when I got a limit. Now it's a great day if I get one with a 32. I enen chuckle when I miss.

That’s a neat video. Looks like a lot of fun
That video kind of helped make up my mind on getting a Crockett. Nothing wrong with my CVA Varminter, but my gun cabinet is like a good Irish family, always room for one more 🤣

Hello Ol Bob.

Don’t know if you’ve seen it or not but there’s a previous thread on here in this section called 2023 Fall Squirrel Season. If you haven’t seen it yet, you might enjoy it. There’s lots of great information in that thread from some very good members.

It was on the second page of this section.

I just bumped it up for you.
Thanks for bumping it up, ETipp. I must have missed that one. I will read through it all. ;-)

And congrats on your release from your physical restrictions!!!!

What? What you talking about?
A random article I found. I tried to share it here, but it didn't work. Never heard of it, but I guess it's a thing. January 21st is squirrel appreciation day. I appreciate the heck out of them on a plate next to mashed taters gravy, cat head biscuits and a sweet tea 🤤

Ed, I know I'm not the one that is happy to hear that news. I know you have a spring squirrel hunt, and hope you'd be able to make.. some folks do have that same push, alot a folks don't. I know now days I too, have to slow done, take it easier than I use to.
Congratulations, keep it up. Sping will be sooner than we think.
I for will be looking forward to reading about the hunts.

Take Care Stay Safe
Fred

Ed, I know I'm not the one that is happy to hear that news. I know you have a spring squirrel hunt, and hope you'd be able to make.. some folks do have that same push, alot a folks don't. I know now days I too, have to slow done, take it easier than I use to.
Congratulations, keep it up. Sping will be sooner than we think.
I for will be looking forward to reading about the hunts.

Take Care Stay Safe
Fred
Thanks bro. Appreciate it.

Back