• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I’ll be darn. It’s for real.

Attachments

• IMG_1902.png
    IMG_1902.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 0
A random article I found. I tried to share it here, but it didn't work. Never heard of it, but I guess it's a thing. January 21st is squirrel appreciation day. I appreciate the heck out of them on a plate next to mashed taters gravy, cat head biscuits and a sweet tea 🤤
LOL, I appreciate them in every way. Love those little fellas

I personally think, that we should start the: Muzzleloadering Squirrel Hunters Association.
I vote for Ed to be President...
Not so sure about that one fellas. My vote goes for you or Snake.

I don’t think I’d be very good at being presidente of anything.

But I do think it might be cool to have a Muzzeloading Squirrel Hunters Association. You just might be onto something there, bro.

Last edited:

But I do think it might be cool to have a Muzzeloading Squirrel Hunters Association. You just might be onto something there, bro.
I'll go for Snake..
I think he'd make a fine President...

I'm sure I'd make a lousy president of anything Ed, id fail us miserably. Now Fred on the other hand I think he'd make a hell of a president.

Last edited:
I'll second that Fred! Did you make it out this weekend Fred?
Mr. President, yes I did make it out.
It was 32 degrees, windy.
It was probably 38 to 40 by the time I headed out. I was out for 31/2 + hours and did not see 1 squirrel.
Ole Henry was outside quite a bit, never heard him bark once...
Friday I'm taking a vacation day, wife and myself are going to the
Alafia River Rendezvous and spend the day.
I'll probably go Saturday and maybe Sunday...
I will get at least one with my Crockett Rifle before season ends...
Take Care Stay Safe
Fred

Mr. President, yes I did make it out.
It was 32 degrees, windy.
It was probably 38 to 40 by the time I headed out. I was out for 31/2 + hours and did not see 1 squirrel.
Ole Henry was outside quite a bit, never heard him bark once...
Friday I'm taking a vacation day, wife and myself are going to the
Alafia River Rendezvous and spend the day.
I'll probably go Saturday and maybe Sunday...
I will get at least one with my Crockett Rifle before season ends...
Take Care Stay Safe
Fred
32 degrees would be a heatwave here El Presedente. Glad you got out to enjoy the woods. We have until the end of February here. Id like to get out and kill at least one. Been jonesing for a supper of fried squirrel. My boy moved away to become a man and make his way in the world. Me and him are the only ones that eat them these days. Take care Fred.

Muzzleloading.
Sorry about spelling.
I don't do FB.
I tell ya that having to stay off my feet and trying to type is the pits. I hate typing on this phone the way it is. Having to type on this thing while laying down is the worst ever. Between that and autocorrect, this phone has just about went airborne many times.

I miss my desktop

Last edited:
32 degrees would be a heatwave here El Presedente. Glad you got out to enjoy the woods. We have until the end of February here. Id like to get out and kill at least one. Been jonesing for a supper of fried squirrel. My boy moved away to become a man and make his way in the world. Me and him are the only ones that eat them these days. Take care Fred.
Snake, I remember those cold day in Illinois, and I agree there were times 32 would be a heatwave.
Down here when it 50 or below, with wing it can be bone chilling cold.
I do know how to bundle up and get A%% outside and stay warm..
As we all know bad day hunting, fishing or just plan being outside is better than a real good day at work....
Take Care Stay Safe

First of the project clearance program; complete this presentation bag which I hope will be presentation worthy. Three applications of dye and still a little splotchy . Guess it's going to be part of the "look".

The knife sheath is another Clearance project. Going into the classifieds later today. One of several knives I've made for no other reason than to keep busy!
20240122_090501_copy_800x569.jpg

Snake, I remember those cold day in Illinois, and I agree there were times 32 would be a heatwave.
Down here when it 50 or below, with wing it can be bone chilling cold.
I do know how to bundle up and get A%% outside and stay warm..
As we all know bad day hunting, fishing or just plan being outside is better than a real good day at work....
Take Care Stay Safe
No truer words were ever spoken Mr. President! I think Illinois is warmer than here in PA. I'll get out sooner or later.

There's something like that on fb.

"Muzzleloadering" :rolleyes: See, that right there shows you where this is headed. 🤣
I think we should keep that word! Ed, your a genius! Muzzleloadering, verb: the act of shooting, loading, or tinkering with a muzzle loading firearm. Covers a broad range. Not a FBer either.

First of the project clearance program; complete this presentation bag which I hope will be presentation worthy. Three applications of dye and still a little splotchy . Guess it's going to be part of the "look".

The knife sheath is another Clearance project. Going into the classifieds later today. One of several knives I've made for no other reason than to keep busy!
View attachment 287636
I'm sure they will turn out fine buddy. Im not talented enough to even make a bag lunch, just ask my kids. The bag I use for my rifles is just an off the shelf job I've had for a great many years. When I hunt with my Muzzleloadering shotgun, I use a messenger type shoulder bag. It's got a perfect pocket to put my homemade speed loaders in, and I can just put the squirrels in the main pocket. Not very classy, but neither am I I suppose 🤣

Back