• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we should keep that word! Ed, your a genius! Muzzleloadering, verb: the act of shooting, loading, or tinkering with a muzzle loading firearm. Covers a broad range. Not a FBer either.
Hey now, even though I like that muzleloardering term quite well, it wasn’t mine. It was Gum Slough’s.

We need to give credit where credit is due.

Yep, he’s presidente material if I’ve ever seen one.

A little more good news, we’ll, for me anyway. The PT guy told me that if I continue with my home PT as I have been, that I should be able to hunt the steep terrain here come the opening of spring squirrel season.

This gives me even more incentive to be a good boy, stick with it, and don’t do anything stupid before I’m healed up. Historically, I’ve always been one to push things like this too early.
yeaaa. i hear ya bud. this is good news

@ETipp hope you do better than my son in law. He has had three knee replacements. Three cause his first one got recalled. He didn't keep his Pain & Torture on track for the other two. Back to work, that's as good as PT! NOT!!
Oh geeze. Not good. I wish him well, LC

I do as I’m supposed to with PT. And this one continues to keep me awake at night. It’s 1:30 A.M. and I’m not awake because I choose to be. It’s been over 5 weeks of this pain and madness. Sometimes I want to just cut my entire leg off due to constant pain. The doctor and PT says everything is fine. Well, they’re going to have to prove it to this ole boy because right now, I ain’t buying it.

With that said, I kind of believe that I may be on the home stretch, in terms of pain. Progress is being made so it can't last forever.

There is no not doing PT with this stuff. It lets me know that it needs to be done now, regardless of time of day or night that might be. With the PT, you gotta hurt yourself more to make yourself feel better.

I can see why some folks might give in and refuse PT with knee replacement.

Also, the pain is worse when lying down than when standing or sitting. Never seen anything like this.

Last edited:
@ETipp I feel your pain. Literally! No knee replacement but a thoroughly broken femur with one end sticking out through the leg. Both ends looked like worn out paint brushes. Could not use it for 6 months by time I could the flexibility was gone! That was 12 years ago and I'm still working on flexibility in that leg. Never going to be all there but almost normal. I was allowed to start walking with a cane in August and hunted elk in September. It's a stretch to call it hunting but it was super inspirational. Got some funny looks and some negative comments 🤣

@ETipp I feel your pain. Literally! No knee replacement but a thoroughly broken femur with one end sticking out through the leg. Both ends looked like worn out paint brushes. Could not use it for 6 months by time I could the flexibility was gone! That was 12 years ago and I'm still working on flexibility in that leg. Never going to be all there but almost normal. I was allowed to start walking with a cane in August and hunted elk in September. It's a stretch to call it hunting but it was super inspirational. Got some funny looks and some negative comments 🤣
You should have told them the cane wasn't for walking with, it was to tune up people that give funny looks.

Well, you were still able to get out there and hunt. That’s the main thing. kudos to you, LC, for keeping on going, even if it meant having to use a cane.

The thought of such gives me incentive to stick with this awful PT regiment. I know that if I can make it out and squirrel hunt at my steep, thick happy hunting grounds by spring squirrel season, then I know I’ll be in good shape overall. I can do this.

Looking like at about 15 weeks until opening of spring squirrel season here. Even though mid May is less than ideal for squirrel hunting here, I plan on being out there.

If the squirrel hunting isn’t good, then I have my beloved flathead fishing to fall back on that’s usually prime at that time.

However, it’s no stretch to say that since I got into squirrel hunting with my Crockett squirrel rifle, everything else he’s taken a back seat. My gosh, how I love it. To the degree that nothing else can compare.

Last edited:
Back