• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1861 Bridesberg Resurrection

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed this thread, very nicely done. My passion in life is bringing things most folks think are junk back to life. Mostly old motorcycles, but firearms also. Only last week I researched a nice original 1860 Smiths carbine that a buddy bought and I'm making up cartridges so he can shoot it. Keep up the good work CapnBall

I really enjoyed this thread, very nicely done. My passion in life is bringing things most folks think are junk back to life. Mostly old motorcycles, but firearms also. Only last week I researched a nice original 1860 Smiths carbine that a buddy bought and I'm making up cartridges so he can shoot it. Keep up the good work CapnBall
We are birds of a feather. I restore old things because there's more then just whatever it's original use was. It's craftsmanship and art. I have a WW2 Dive helmet I polished up and repaired for display and one of those old brass and copper fire extinguishers. I'm also into bikes. I have an 07 glide and an 03 Roadster I bobbed out. I've been riding something with a motor since the 60s. I just had my original issue knees replaced with a couple of them fancy titanium A-2 models two months ago so I'm really going to be ready for a ride here in a couple weeks.
Neil

Your right Neil we do have similar interests. After losing my Lady I now have two finished bikes in my dining room, one in the basement and 2 in the garage. I ride a 71 BMW with a sidecar now because of my balance.

and so I shall, it was all I rescued besides my horse when a bushfire razed my home recently.

Thanks mate, kind thoughts are enough. I love doing up old things, and old things seem to be aquiring me quite quickly. When I get back to South Australia next month, (recovering from an ankle rebuild at Mothers') I will get my 1943 AW6 International tractor reshod with new rubber ! Have had some bullet moulds and a couple of flasks come my way, oh and a horn and a couple of hunting bags from a late mate of mines widow, its amazing !

Thanks mate, kind thoughts are enough. I love doing up old things, and old things seem to be aquiring me quite quickly. When I get back to South Australia next month, (recovering from an ankle rebuild at Mothers') I will get my 1943 AW6 International tractor reshod with new rubber ! Have had some bullet moulds and a couple of flasks come my way, oh and a horn and a couple of hunting bags from a late mate of mines widow, its amazing !
Lol, I had both knees replaced 3 months ago. I have been chomping at the bit to get some things done I started last fall. A shooters box, a couple knives (one trade and the other a patch knife. Both damascus) sheaths for both, outfitting a possibles bag for a woods walk and a motorcycle that's really been begging for attention. On top of all that, my camper season is about to start and that takes a ton of time and resources but the Mrs and I both love it. This year will be a little different. We adopted a couple little (25 lb ea) dogs to share our camper with. We both just got our first covid shots so we're really going to be ready to go very soon. Good luck down under, that part of the world is on my bucket list. This year (in the fall) I hope to be riding baja in Mexico.
Neil

Latest posts

Back