• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1860 Army problems.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mykeal: No problem.

I guess what I was getting at is that a person has to try to read between the lines sometimes and take what was said "in context".

I know that I often just click on the last post so I can get things going without thinking that the last post doesn't have much to do with what I'm saying.
:)

Order a hand and spring as well as a spare trigger spring.
You will need one sooner or later.

I think that having a spare "trigger/cylinder bolt spring" and a spare "cylinder hand" is somewhat like having a full set of tools in the trunk of your car.

As long as you have them available, you will never need them. :rotf:

Funny story, a bit related.

I was in Fairbanks, Alaska learning to be a machinist, and this guy walks in with one of those canvas money sacks from a bank......

He proceeds to pull out a C&B pistol. He states that it is a Civil War relic handed down from his so and so in the family. It needs repair, some spring is broken.

I check it out, and sure as can be it is labeled "Blackpowder Only" on the barrel, just your standard Italian reproduction.

Well, I just told him where to get the part. I didn't have the heart to tell him the truth.

I ordered one of those heinie springs. Installed it tonight ignoring the instructions of "installed only by a competent pistolsmith" :hatsoff: .

After a light tweaking (the arm that contacts the trigger was just a hair short) I got her back together. Seems the trigger is lighter, and smoother now. But all seems to work fine.

I still plan on ordering a few flat springs from taylors. I plan on using zonies advice and properly tempering one of them (or at least trying). And as I just read, I may as well order a trigger spring too.

Thanks for all the help.

Back