• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Problem with Kibler Woodsrunner trigger / lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m doing the final assembly on my Woodsrunner today, and in the last stage there seems to be a fly in the ointment. I put the lock in place and it will not cock. I notice also that there is pressure between the trigger and the sear when the cock is fully forward, which I suspect is related to the problem.

The lock functions fine when it is out of the gun, and the lock and trigger functioned fine when I dry fitted everything together before finishing. But something has changed. Ideas?

Thanks,

Rod

Clean the finish out of the lock plate inlet and make certain that the lock is fully seated in the mortise. If the lock plate is kicked out at the bottom due to varnish in the mortise, the sear arm will tilt downward and be closer to the trigger. If all else fails, file the trigger until there is a very slight bit of free play when the cock is in either notch or all the way down.

Kibler rifles go together with out any fitting for mechanical issues. No filing of anything is necessary. Did it work when assembled before finishing? Yes? then I also suspect there is finish in the lock mortice.

We could trouble shoot for pages. The answer is simple, call Jim Kibler. He gets annoyed when people seek internet help with his products.

Problem solved. There wasn’t any varnish in the lock mortise, but I found that I had cut the front trigger guard pin just a tad too long, and it was extending into the lock mortise, keeping the lock from seating fully and causing the phenomenon that IanH warned about.

I removed the pin, trimmed it, and reinstalled it. The lock is functioning perfectly.

Thanks for the advice.

Kibler rifles go together with out any fitting for mechanical issues. No filing of anything is necessary. Did it work when assembled before finishing? Yes? then I also suspect there is finish in the lock mortice.

We could trouble shoot for pages. The answer is simple, call Jim Kibler. He gets annoyed when people seek internet help with his products.
Me TOO!/Ed

Latest posts

Back