• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1858 Parts?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gooddw

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, I broke my gun. I dropped my Remington on the floor and broke off the loading lever latch that was pressed in. I tried to repress it but on the first shot it flew away never to be seen again. Now I hold the lever up with a rubber band. Could I find this part somewhere? This gun is a Pietta.

Thanks

Cabella may have it. Several years ago I got parts for my remington from them.

Well, I broke my gun. I dropped my Remington on the floor and broke off the loading lever latch that was pressed in. I tried to repress it but on the first shot it flew away never to be seen again. Now I hold the lever up with a rubber band. Could I find this part somewhere? This gun is a Pietta.

Thanks

This place carries the 1858 Pietta Remington Loading Lever Retainer, and it's only $5.60

The parts listed are for stainless steel revolvers, but contact them for the blued version...

Pietta Parts <--- click here

Thank you Musketman. I just ordered the part from Taylor's. I also got a new cylinder pin.

Thank you Musketman. I just ordered the part from Taylor's. I also got a new cylinder pin.

My pleasure...
BlueGreyThumbs.gif

Smokin Gun:

Thanks. Wish I had gotten your post earlier. It would have cost me half as much. I bookmarked it for future reference.

Well, I received my parts. The latch did not fit. It is to big for the hole by a significant amount. Is the lever latch for the target model Pietta different than the standard 1858? Mine is a Target. I did not specify that to the parts place cause I didn't think it mattered. I'm beginning to think I'm going to use this gun for parts and go buy a Uberti which has a differnet mount scheme for the lever latch.

Just remebered that the Pietta and Uberti use different cylinders so I can't even use the parts unless I stay with Pietta. This sucks.

How old is your Remington? Some makers changed their guns a bit when they went to CNC parts production. If your gun falls outside that production window, the newer parts may not fit.

I'm not sure how old it is. I bought it used about three years ago. Probably at least ten years.

I believe the changeover to CNC took place in the mid 1990s. You will probably have to adapt the part to fit. I'm doing this to an older Uberti right now. Lots of fun and a good learning experience.

Back