• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

#11 Cap prices?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Young

40 Cal.
Reaction score
What is considered a good price per 1000 percussion caps and the best place to buy them? At Friendship in the spring, I believe the cheapest I saw was $44.00 per 1000, but I didn't know if that was a good price or not.

Our club sells them for $3.50 per tin but they don't mean to make money and our prices are cheaper than other places.

It was. I paid $44/1000 there last year for CCI's. RWS caps were about $58/1000. In gun shops around here the small caps are going for anywhere from $5.75 to $7.50 per tin. I'd like to find a case for $44 myself.

the log cabin gun shop in lodi is charging 8.95 for a tin of dynamite nobel (spelling?) caps.

From what I've seen lately, those prices are probably pretty good. I prefer RWS, but when I was shopping @ Friendship last year I had a limited amount of money so I had to go cheaper so I could get some other things. CCI's are good caps though.

I just came from Bass Pro Shops and they were $6.49 for a 100 count tin of them. Our local Wal-Mart has them for 5.99. Anyone bought them by the 1000 count case lately?

I was at Friendship in June and bought 2000 Remington#10 caps for my wheelguns for $94.00 from the Log Cabin Shop.

I got some at Boggs Creek Sporting goods in Jeff City, Mo. last week CCI brand for $4.15 a tin
neal

I recently picked up 1000 #11 caps for $49.99 at Cabelas They do charge a $20 hazardous transport fee tho. It wasn't so bad since I was buying powder too.

Back