• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothbore Picture Thread. Please Post!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grumpa said:
I am curious, do the raised areas on the sides of the barrels between the breech plug/nipple area and the flutes on the barrels, serve a structural purpose?

And do I understand correctly that you built the flinter above, and modified it yourself?

No, they are purely decorative. I think they are supposed to hint at the drip bar that would be present on a single barrel gun of that period.

Thanks about the fowler. It actually turned out nicer than I expected. It was supposed to be a rattle and bang around the swamp gun that I won't have to baby. That nice curl was hiding inside the otherwise plain blank.

George said:
W. W. Greener, double percussion, 10 gauge, 34" barrels, cylinder x cylinder.

Nice one :thumbsup:

I love it when they carry the shape passed the hook breeching. Here is William Moore doing the same trick, live pigeon gun 10g

Robin

moore2.jpg

I'm just finishing this American "COS" musket up. It's cherry stocked .75 caliber tapered round 48" barrel, Chambers Early Ketland lock, Gohring butt plate, English style acorn trigger guare, Bess type side plate & ram rod pipes, wood rammer, lock & bayonet are marked "FRED g 1776". The gun tips the scale under 10 lbs (the barrel is 6.5 of this) without the bayonet. It has a drilled .075" touch hole. It hits about 4" high at 20 yards with a .735 ball, .015 spit patch & 90 2F. It goes off and shoots nicely.

COS03.jpg

COS04.jpg

COS05.jpg

COS06.jpg

A turkey gun built by Ron Paull, Colerain turkey-choke barrel, octagon to round, 38", 20 gauge, Davis Twigg lock, two sights, iron furniture.

Spence

Since we are also posting pics of pistols here is my .62 smoothbore belt pistol I got off track of the Wolf a little while back. Walnut stock, brass (or bronze ) flared cannon type barrel, L&R lock.

That pistol is sharper than a razor Larry :thumbsup: I like it. I got one looks similar made by Joe Schell that im having a ball with

Latest posts

Back