• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothbore Picture Thread. Please Post!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have an excellent eye, Brits. I always look forward to your pictures.

I've seen a lot of hunting dogs in my day, but I've never seen one do a better job of making a man look good than Sprocket does. :haha:

Spence

9E4437F7-A349-415A-8E89-5151A7D498CE.jpg

0CD910B2-C97F-4783-A80D-EE6FDA4B4932.jpg
]
8D447F7A-2824-45C1-AFB9-1A507E09A728.jpg
75E0D7B6-0010-4647-B907-2A818E394F5A.jpg

Just finished this short barrel .32" 20ga northwest trade gun with parts I had laying around hope to get to use it for turkeys in april

Steve you will like that 32 inch barrel in the thickets. Both mine are short barrels and are very handy in the hardwoods and dense pine thickets our birds call home

Hey Keb do you happen to know what he used for a finish on that gun? I love the "old" look . I can never seem to acheive that look.

No I don't. He had a lot of unmarked bottles of chemicals in his shop. I opened and used some at one time. I had rubber gloves on and it burned right through the gloves but turned the maple black as tar as soon as it made contact with the wood. However, it brought the stripe out very nice with a little rubbing back.

Keb said:
No I don't. He had a lot of unmarked bottles of chemicals in his shop. I opened and used some at one time. I had rubber gloves on and it burned right through the gloves but turned the maple black as tar as soon as it made contact with the wood. However, it brought the stripe out very nice with a little rubbing back.
Maybe some very strong aqua fortis ? hard to tell but I sure like the looks of it. Thanks for replying.

42" x .54cal and 38" x .62cal Early Virginia Smoothbores built by Matt Avance, TVM...outstanding in every respect with Rice barrels, Chambers Deluxe Siler locks, Davis Double set triggers. Have taken every game with each of them now that I ever took with modern rifles & shotguns...here are just deer and turkey photos that show the smoothbores.

.54cal Early Virginia Smoothbore ( smooth rifle )

.62cal Early Virginia Smoothbore ( smooth rifle )

Made out of what ever i had laying around and could buy cheep. 12 gauge flint converted from percussion barrel.needs to be rubbed back and got dirty..

Like Spence, I always love seeing your pictures and reading your posts...any day I see Tia, a.k.a.: sprocket is always a good one! :wink: :thumbsup:

Back