• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

October Postal Match target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

October 11 is Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day!​

Even if you are retired and don't have anywhere to take your Teddy Bear, you can still shoot em up this month. I took this out to the range today and confirmed that I can see the entire target at 25 yards :thumb:

Two ways to shoot: Offhand from 25 yards with rifle or 15 yards with handgun.
Bench rest or supported from 25 yards with rifle or 15 yards with handgun
Mark your targets as offhand, benchrest, or supported.
6 shots for score.

Hits anywhere in the head/face or center of the bowtie score 10 points.
Hits on either side of the bowtie score 8 points.
Hits in the body score 5 pts
Hits in the arms or legs score 3 points
Hits in the ear subtract 1 point because you just irritated the bear and he will be on you before you can reload!:eek:

Ball must be half way into the target area to score points. Maximum score is 60 pts.

Shoot as many times as you wish but please only post one target per category with pictures of target (and gear, if possible - we love to see everyone's equipment and load data!) Post jpg or pdf formats. Please score your targets and write your score on the target along with information on the load you used.

Prize is same as always - bragging rights on the forum!

I will be posting September results in a day or two.

Have fun and stay safe!

Attachments

• Teddy Bear.pdf
    311.8 KB · Views: 0

October 11 is Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day!​

Even if you are retired and don't have anywhere to take your Teddy Bear, you can still shoot em up this month. I took this out to the range today and confirmed that I can see the entire target at 25 yards :thumb:

Two ways to shoot: Offhand from 25 yards with rifle or 15 yards with handgun.
Bench rest or supported from 25 yards with rifle or 15 yards with handgun
Mark your targets as offhand, benchrest, or supported.
6 shots for score.

Hits anywhere in the head/face or center of the bowtie score 10 points.
Hits on either side of the bowtie score 8 points.
Hits in the body score 5 pts
Hits in the arms or legs score 3 points
Hits in the ear subtract 1 point because you just irritated the bear and he will be on you before you can reload!:eek:

Ball must be half way into the target area to score points. Maximum score is 60 pts.

Shoot as many times as you wish but please only post one target per category with pictures of target (and gear, if possible - we love to see everyone's equipment and load data!) Post jpg or pdf formats. Please score your targets and write your score on the target along with information on the load you used.

Prize is same as always - bragging rights on the forum!

I will be posting September results in a day or two.

Have fun and stay safe!
Gary, I made the mistake of showing the October target to my wife. Her comment was”oh that’s just wrong”. 🤦‍♂️

Shot his eye out Ha! I saw this post as I was waiting on my wife to get ready to go to the range and practice for an offhand match tomorrow so this was perfect practice! Shot with my .54 GPR offhand @25 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_20230930_171712.jpg
    IMG_20230930_171712.jpg
    789 KB · Views: 0
I nicked the little rascal's ear but less then half of the ball penetrated. But if hits anywhere on the ear I have a 40. 41 otherwise
T/C Patriot
15 yards
30 grains 3F
.440 RB with pillow tick patch
Bore butter patch lube.

Edited to add.
Didn't realize my feet were in the photo. Had shorts on, it's pretty warm for October here in Indiana.

025.jpg

Last edited:
I finally hauled my [lazy] self out to the range today to shoot the October target. As I hadn't fired a pistol lately, I thought I'd give it a go. I don't think I did too badly considering I hadn't been to the range in months (rain, heat).

The particulars: Ruger Old Army (stainless, adjustable sights) using a .457" home cast RB + felt wad + 30gr. FFg (Graf's/Goex). Nipples were Slix Shots, which turned the once cranky performer into a 100% reliable revolver. Caps were Rem. #11's. As an aside, I have a Ruger Blackhawk and Super Blackhawk and this gun handles the same as the others. Nice trigger too.

Powder cabinet surprise: When I opened my powder cabinet (discarded IBM metal storage cabinet) to refill my can of powder, I noticed an unpleasant, rotten odor. When I moved the contents around, Found its source: a dead mouse. It's amazing how the critter squeezed into such tight clearances, but with the change to cooler weather, they, like us, seek shelter.

(Didn't mean to attach the same image twice)

Attachments

• IMG_6500.jpeg
    IMG_6500.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6500.jpeg
    IMG_6500.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 0
Gary, I inadvertently posted the same target twice. Not sure about the scoring and would prefer that someone else give an honest accounting of it. Btw, there is a second target, but somehow it didn't upload. I'll look into that as I have the image.

I understand Maven - I always check the scoring and it just makes it a bit easier for me when evryone posts their score and I can check it faster than if I have to look over every hole - sometimes the images are hard to see clearly and it's usually easier when you have it in front of you and can hold it flat to check the shots!

I just finished scoring my targets, a "duh" moment to be sure since I have the actual ones on my target backer. The one on the left = 55? while the one on the right, spoiled by an off target hit, = 40.

Latest posts

Back