• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

January Postal Match Target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I made it out on this final day of January and all I could muster was a sad little 5 points.
1861 replica springfield musket.
.58 caliber patched round balls.
60 grains of 777.
Off hand, unsupported.

No excuses. The temp was near 40 degrees/no snow or rain and light wind.

Then when I finished I went over to the 200 yard range and managed to hit a 6" round steel plate at 100 yards. So I left the range on a hi note.

View attachment 290489
Thanks for posting 11th corps - at least you were able to get out and shoot! Between working and bad weather I did not get to shoot my rifle at the target this month😩

dragged my sorry self out and shot the target. still regulating the two barrels to hit same poa. getting close.
off the bench, 25 yards. 75g swiss 3f.
Lee real 325g
CVA express .50 sxs
CCI caps
bear and bee's lube.
15 points, though that clapper hole may be close to half.
i think i will like this gun.View attachment 290503
Thanks for posting deerstalkert! Glad you were able to get out to shoot it. I have to judge that shot on the RH bell as a miss - doesn't look to be half into the scoring ring😞

Finally got to shoot this target this evening. But I just had time to shoot one target so I played it safe and shot from rest. LOL thanks Gary for your taking the time to do this each month.

Attachments

• IMG_2163.jpeg
    IMG_2163.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
January was a slow month - I think the bad weather kept many of us from shooting the bell target - I didn't have a chance to get out to shoot it with my rifle.

Here are the results and I hope February brings us nicer weather!

Gary
NameRifle OHNameRifle Supported
IanH20dank3d10130
Rebel bull15deerstalkert25
11th corps5Salty25
Moleman5
NameSmoothie OHNameSmoothie Supported
PK30
Moleman5
NamePistol OHNamePistol Supported
Garypl35Garypl20
PK30

January was a slow month - I think the bad weather kept many of us from shooting the bell target - I didn't have a chance to get out to shoot it with my rifle.

Here are the results and I hope February brings us nicer weather!

Gary
NameRifle OHNameRifle Supported
IanH20dank3d10130
Rebel bull15deerstalkert25
11th corps5Salty25
Moleman5
NameSmoothie OHNameSmoothie Supported
PK30
Moleman5
NamePistol OHNamePistol Supported
Garypl35Garypl20
PK30
Gary, thank you for keeping this going. I really enjoy it and look forward to each new target.

Dang... gonna have to go buy another printer. All my printers are too old and aren't supported anymore, and I had to get a new laptop recently. None of the four printers I had will work with Windows 11. Even had a fresh set of ink cartridges for one of them! Arrgggg! Technolo'gee is great (when it works) and if you can keep up.
Nothing more useless than a broken printer.

Latest posts

Back