• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

E. Phillips gunmaker N.Y

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to board. Looking to find out more about E. Phillips who was a gunmaker in the mid 1800s. Only thing found out so far is that he was noted for making heavy barreled target rifles
with telescopes. Any more detailed information or reference materials would be appreciated. ZEE

Welcome to the board ! !

Ned H. Roberts doesn't mention that name in his listing of old-time gunmakers in his book, The Muzzle-loading Cap Lock Rifle, but googling that name says only that he was based in New York City, so I'm afraid I can't help further

( I googled: e. phliips, ny percussion rifle maker - if that will help )

Here's a rifle marked Edwin Phillips

1681932679524.png

Hopefully, someone more familiar with that name will soon chime in to help.

Last edited:
Back