• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New old stock Thomson Center New Englander 12ga

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 12ga New Englanders. One with screw in choke 27 5/8 in from muzzle to back of breech plug and 28 in rod. The other no choke 28 5/8 in with 29 in rod. my choke tube is a TC modified. found out it is interchangeable with Mossberg 500 chokes.

Mine is 28 inch, cylinder choke, my RR rests flush with the muzzle. I'll measure it tomorrow.

I have 2 12ga New Englanders. One with screw in choke 27 5/8 in from muzzle to back of breech plug and 28 in rod. The other no choke 28 5/8 in with 29 in rod. my choke tube is a TC modified. found out it is interchangeable with Mossberg 500 chokes.
Well that solves it. Ramrods for cylinder bore
Guns are 29 and chokes guns is 28. I now have 2 29 inch rods. I want to shorten my wooden rod to 28 inches. Anyone have an idea how to do that without breaking it?

Yes the chokes are the same as pedersoli, browning invetor, mossberg, winchester......not invector plus or ds

This is the package for the turkey choke I bought off amazon. I wanted one that wasn't ported because I wasn't sure how that would effect it, since it is a muzzleloader.

Attachments

• 20240322_000554.jpg
    20240322_000554.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Tc makes en extend ramrod. I just bought one on ebay. I don't have it yet, but it says on the package it's standard length for new englander 12ga and I had the guy measure it and it's 29in.
9104 is the model number.
I just bought it because it's fiberglass and I have broken ramrods before , so I wanted to get ahead of it when I came across it.
Now I'm wondering if the ones without chokes have an inch longer barrel because yours is 28 and flush and the rid I bought is 29 and "standard length"
That's nice.

Dgw ... had the fiberglass one for the dp10.

Just got a Kicks Gobbling Thunder for my TC Treehawk. It’s .665 and is for #5 shot. This is what’s said for unmentionables and I have used one for years and it’s a killer. So I figured I would get the same for the Treehawk. I had been using the standard TC full but I’m using a shot cup and load with choke removed so the Kicks will be great in that I can just spin it out by hand instead of having to use a choke wrench!!!

I guess with that ported choke my smoke cloud will look like the picture of the jet when breaking the sound barrier!

I wonder how many hits at 40 yards with that kicks.

This chart? There isn't much out there for info on what size chokes to choose etc...

It looks tighter the better .660 .665 for more 40 yards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240405_172114_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240405_172114_Chrome.jpg
    756.8 KB · Views: 0
In my unmentionable I use #5 3 1/2” 2 1/4oz of shot. That’s all I had to go on picking one for my Treehawk. I’ve always used 5’s so that’s what helped me decide plus there was only one at my local store. We shall see hopefully tomorrow morning!

In my unmentionable I use #5 3 1/2” 2 1/4oz of shot. That’s all I had to go on picking one for my Treehawk. I’ve always used 5’s so that’s what helped me decide plus there was only one at my local store. We shall see hopefully tomorrow morning!
I got better results out of my pedersoli 10 without plastic wads. Believe me, I tried.

Just got a Kicks Gobbling Thunder for my TC Treehawk. It’s .665 and is for #5 shot. This is what’s said for unmentionables and I have used one for years and it’s a killer. So I figured I would get the same for the Treehawk. I had been using the standard TC full but I’m using a shot cup and load with choke removed so the Kicks will be great in that I can just spin it out by hand instead of having to use a choke wrench!!!
Yes it makes it alot easier. Just remember to keep the choke in your hand while loading....don't ask me how I know

Definitely will have to be out, have to remove the TC full. My Pedersoli did not do well with wads either but this Treehawk is spot on!!

Back