• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from Texas!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Howdy and Welcome from The Goodlands!
Lots of good info here for the asking.
On the SASS Wire Forum, Sedalia Dave makes his bp revolvers sing! I watched him at Trailhead a year or so ago, and he knows how to do things so that he doesn't hold up the posse while he reloads.
Between these 2 sites, you'll find more experience and advice than you can shake a ramrod at!
I bid you good shooting, and keep your powder dry!

Another Howdy and Welcome from The Goodlands!
Lots of good info here for the asking.
On the SASS Wire Forum, Sedalia Dave makes his bp revolvers sing! I watched him at Trailhead a year or so ago, and he knows how to do things so that he doesn't hold up the posse while he reloads.
Between these 2 sites, you'll find more experience and advice than you can shake a ramrod at!
I bid you good shooting, and keep your powder dry!
I’ll have to keep an eye out for him. I’m shooting at THSS in the morning.

I’ll have to keep an eye out for him. I’m shooting at THSS in the morning.
THSS is the best club around! With the best people, too.
Sedalia Dave lives a ways away, so he might not be at a monthly shoot, but watch for him at Trailhead '24.
Best of luck on Sunday! The weather should be beautiful!
I've been shooting there since '96, but not too much lately.
What is your alias when you shoot? We might have shot together in the past.
My photo is from a Trailhead many years ago, while I was on the catwalk of Fort Finn.
Tell everyone that Brazos John says Howdy!

Down the road from you in Liberty Hill. I normally shoot with the Green Mountain Regulators between Liberty Hill and Marble Falls.
THSS is the best club around! With the best people, too.
Sedalia Dave lives a ways away, so he might not be at a monthly shoot, but watch for him at Trailhead '24.
Best of luck on Sunday! The weather should be beautiful!
I've been shooting there since '96, but not too much lately.
What is your alias when you shoot? We might have shot together in the past.
My photo is from a Trailhead many years ago, while I was on the catwalk of Fort Finn.
Tell everyone that Brazos John says Howdy!
Alias is “Leathersmith” but when I shot Trailhead in 1995, I was 15 years old and it was Cullen Baker.

That you Ranger! This is Dave, thought the story sounded familiar. I think you told Drew and I about that revolver last year at the Cabs shoot in Blanco
Yeah I suspected! If you come across one of these, let me know! I don’t know why single actions aren’t just sold in pairs :)

Howdy! I’m a Cowboy Action Shooter and my Club recently hosted the SASS Texas State Black Powder match, called “Regulators Revenge.”

I shot in the smokeless category, like I always do, but those black powder guys, especially the ones that shoot cap and ball pistols, always seem to have a blast.

I have an old Armsport 1858 Remington New Army (Model 5018) that’s never been fired.

I thought I’d join here for a few reasons:
• I hope to learn more about shooting cap and ball
• I hope to learn more about the 1858 that I have. I’m not sure how I find out who the manufacturer was. I’ve been told Armi San Paolo, but I don’t know how to confirm that.
• AND I’m hoping that somebody has another Armsport steel frame 1858 that I could buy off of them, and maybe some extra cycllinders.

I know this ain’t the nicest cap and ball pistol. It’s not worth much and I could buy something of better quality. But my dad bought this one new before I was born and I’d like to put it into action. And my own OCD will force me to find another Armsport if possible, and barring that, at least find an 1858 from the same maker that just had a different importer.

And the competitor in me will want me to tune it up nice. I haven’t found any aftermarket springs and such for these, so I’m guessing polishing the internals and removing material from the hammer spring will be about the best I can do?

So I look forward to mining y’all for information, and I’ll post my findings as I go!
Welcome from nc. Thanks for pics

Back