• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Grateful Thanks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wish to thank all the regular members who go out of their way to help those of us with newbe questions even if they have been asked a hundred times. I am fairly new to the forum and haven't posted much to speak of. I will be posting more in the future since within the last year I have acquired several percussion rifles and I have had a .44 Navy revolver since I was in my teens (which is a long time back...). Two of the rifles were built in the 1800s and are in great shape ...... the E. Phillips is a fantastic bench rest rifle, so much so, I would even welcome Comfortably Numb's (Mike's) honest opinion and evaluation!
Getting back to the main subject. I recently purchased two rifles ... one a Investarm (spa 25060) .50 caliber M/L and .50 Cal in-line at auction. Price was right; since, the intent was to clean them up and sell, trade or auction them off to club members to build up interest at the club for M/L. The Ivestarm 50 cleaned up nicely. Whatever was on the surface cleaned without major concern or rough treatment. However, the double set triggers keep falling into half-cock when pulled. Take down, clean, oil, smooth out the rough edges, etc put back ........ no help. Yep, finally after reading your replies and doing the research in the "search" about the fly in the Flintlocks answers came. I double looked and noted a small piece of steel (see pic) in the lock. Low and behold it doesn't matter if it's a flintlock or a percussion...if it's double set triggers they have to have a "FLY" to prevent the lock from going into Half-cock lockup. A new Fly (damn they're little....) from Muzzleloarders and the triggers are working like new......SO THANKS, for all the help and information you guys provide .... without it many of us would still be struggling!! Have A great Day ...WZ

Attachments

• 100_3416.JPG
    100_3416.JPG
    693.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_3415.JPG
    100_3415.JPG
    743.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_3398.JPG
    100_3398.JPG
    850.7 KB · Views: 0
Overall this site is very good about finding help. l find that there's a high percentage of folks that are more than willing to help out. Sometimes have to sort it out, but all in all, lots of great information from good people.

I am thankful for this site.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back