• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Zoli 1803 NIB

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just picked up NIB Zoli 1803, surprised to see 'AA' date code; 1975! It's very well fitted and assembled, tight wood-to-metal. The mainspring seems a bit too strong to me, and the touchhole is definitely a bit too high above the floor of the pan, but otherwise a nice gem from the year I first started Rev War enacting! My 1803 has the Navy Arms stamp on the lock plate in addition to the usual Harpers Ferry 1803 on the lock plate tail. It is un-fired, but had a leather-clad flint in the cock; it does seem to spark OK, but if the main spring is too strong it could gouge the frizzen or break flints. Time will tell.

I just came across this thread. I, too, have a Zoli 1803 H F, that I bought new in 1976. It is also stamped Navy Arms on the lockplate.
The barrel is 35 1/2" long, and .58 caliber, as N A used the same barrels they used on their Civil War muskets, just changing the exterior. The fellow I bought it from got a few cases from Val Forgett Jr.

Richard/Grumpa

Back