• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE ZELLE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES THIS GUY HAS HIT TWICE THIS YEAR...,
SAME method.

He trolls the want ads, and one of our members who is interested in a gun, but writes how he wish he had the funds, etc etc, will get a PM from a very new member. The PM will say the new member knows a third party ("I know a guy" or "I have a friend") who is selling a gun just like the one you want, and maybe you can get a good price. The sender of the PM will provide an email....,

..., IF the member contacts the email, they indeed will get an offer to be sold a gun at a very reasonable price. The money will be sent in some fashion but the gun will never show up....., the new member will have disappeared as well....,

..., Sometimes if you ask for photos, you will find the scam artist will send you some..., but if you then look for that gun on the internet and check the images, you will find they are the same ones emailed to you as "photos of my gun for sale".

..., the problem with catching this guy, is that the amounts are normally under $1500.00 threshold for a felony, so a local PD isn't going to invest much time following up any leads to find the guy..., and he knows it. The more complex the trail, the faster law enforcement will run out of motivation to catch him. His drawback is that he has to do a bunch of these in many different parts of the internet, to get a good amount of cash, which is why he is impatient. Folks are onto him and shutting him down.

LD

This may not be the place to discuss this , so move it if it needs to be moved. I strongly think this is a public service announcement. Had a guy that had been registered on this site for two days give me a PM saying he saw my inquiry to buy a .69 cal flint pistol, and knew a guy that had one for sale and included his email. I sent the guy an email and he had one sent pics and a low price, (1st red flag). The person with the pistol actually sent me a second email sounding impatient. So, I came back here and I cannot find the message I got here or the guy that PM'd it. (2nd red flag). Like he was able to delete the PM he sent me and his profile. The guy wants to use ZELLE for payment, it is an app used to transfer money quickly. I researched ZELLE and most everything I found with info, stated it is TOO EASY to commit fraud with this app. Lots of complaints. I plan to look into this more. Just wanted to give a heads up.
Still looking ? I have a. 69 british horse pistol

I had a guy offer to send me a certified check from the Bahamas for the amount I was asking plus extra for postage and extra for my time and trouble. I guess I shut him off by replying "Sorry I don't deal with scammers" Never even get a reply.

I had a guy offer to send me a certified check from the Bahamas for the amount I was asking plus extra for postage and extra for my time and trouble. I guess I shut him off by replying "Sorry I don't deal with scammers" Never even get a reply.
Awww....those are the kind you have fun with for a couple of weeks...you know...let them spend the money to send you a fake check....tell them you never received it & have them send you another one....man do they finally get pi$$ed...it's hilarious!

This may not be the place to discuss this , so move it if it needs to be moved. I strongly think this is a public service announcement. Had a guy that had been registered on this site for two days give me a PM saying he saw my inquiry to buy a .69 cal flint pistol, and knew a guy that had one for sale and included his email. I sent the guy an email and he had one sent pics and a low price, (1st red flag). The person with the pistol actually sent me a second email sounding impatient. So, I came back here and I cannot find the message I got here or the guy that PM'd it. (2nd red flag). Like he was able to delete the PM he sent me and his profile. The guy wants to use ZELLE for payment, it is an app used to transfer money quickly. I researched ZELLE and most everything I found with info, stated it is TOO EASY to commit fraud with this app. Lots of complaints. I plan to look into this more. Just wanted to give a heads up.
You really should do a little more homework before condemning ZELLE transactions. When accessed through your bank (ALL major banks offer it - Chase- BOA - Wells Fargo - etc....) you get the same protection as using your credit card or checking account. I don't know what "research" you did but I suspect it was information from some forum with users uneducated about how banking systems work. The ZELLE transfers go from one bank to another bank - and BOTH individuals have to have accounts at those banks. That leaves a pretty easy trail to follow to prosecute any wrongdoing. Try opening a bank account without any ID.

You really should do a little more homework before condemning ZELLE transactions. When accessed through your bank (ALL major banks offer it - Chase- BOA - Wells Fargo - etc....) you get the same protection as using your credit card or checking account. I don't know what "research" you did but I suspect it was information from some forum with users uneducated about how banking systems work. The ZELLE transfers go from one bank to another bank - and BOTH individuals have to have accounts at those banks. That leaves a pretty easy trail to follow to prosecute any wrongdoing. Try opening a bank account without any ID.
Once talked with a scammer who admitted it to me. It seemed like they go to more time and trouble setting up their damn ripoffs than is justified by the return. But, hey, they probably have government scammed too and are paid to sit home with nothing better to do.

If it seems too good........
It probably is!

This same guy got me for $300 for an underhammer last year, same MO. You should listen to GRIZ, after all he has family in the banking business, he knows every thing there is to know about it.

Here's a weird one about dodgy BUYERS you may have never heard about. Offered a reasonably priced item on Gun Broker (GB) and got several bids. High bidder had a "A" rating but never sent funds. I gave him an "F" and a NPB as required to recover listing fees. GB did NOT lower his score as expected. Curious, looked him up it seems his girl or boy friend had a scam going where he/she gave him multiple "A+" ratings on bogus sales like .01 Buy it Nows. These offset any negative and he continues to harass sellers. I have followed him and come to conclusion its an anti - 2A scheme as there's no real profit to be made. 4 complaint emails sent to GB with no reply. Bet CC used to sign up for GB is bogus as well. The "protections" in the form of feedbacks and ratings provided by online sites like gun-broker are virtually worthless.

Last edited:
Claim filed with my bank.

wm

That's the right move, IMHO. That was standard response I provided to hundreds of victims of fraud/identity theft/ possession of fraudulent identification here in Texas. That info was what we were given in the bi-annual identity theft class we were required to take.

As to messing with the bad guy as some have suggested, remember he has nothing to lose and you have plenty to lose. Getting "Swatted" at 3am could have tragic consequences for you and yours. That's just one avenue the bad guy can take. Best to report it and let it be.

I only speak from 23 years of Law Enforcement experience, being Hostage Negotiator, FTO, Instructor, Range Officer certified by TCLEOSE/TCOLE.

The only problem with scamming trash like that is they know anything over a Thousand Dollars is a Felony and they just keep going and going, can’t imagine living a life like that.

Sounds like another red flag!
I got scammed with one like this once !! The guy wanted me to pay with Zelle and I told him no I didn't use it....and he said I could send the money via Paypal to his cousin that had an account with them. I bit on it and got totally screwed !!

Back