• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE ZELLE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackhorse

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This may not be the place to discuss this , so move it if it needs to be moved. I strongly think this is a public service announcement. Had a guy that had been registered on this site for two days give me a PM saying he saw my inquiry to buy a .69 cal flint pistol, and knew a guy that had one for sale and included his email. I sent the guy an email and he had one sent pics and a low price, (1st red flag). The person with the pistol actually sent me a second email sounding impatient. So, I came back here and I cannot find the message I got here or the guy that PM'd it. (2nd red flag). Like he was able to delete the PM he sent me and his profile. The guy wants to use ZELLE for payment, it is an app used to transfer money quickly. I researched ZELLE and most everything I found with info, stated it is TOO EASY to commit fraud with this app. Lots of complaints. I plan to look into this more. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Minutes ago I received an email from him, if I want to use PAYPAL he can use his 'stepsons" account

Yea Zelle is a instant transfer from your bank just like a wire transfer. If the guy is a scammer you have no recourse to get your money back.
Correct. Be careful with PayPal as well. They WILL NOT cover anything that goes against their policies, which I was unable to get clarification on. I do know from past transactions that they WILL NOT cover firearms. I assume this would extend to weapons, etc but couldn’t get them to send me a list of items they won’t cover.

If paypal sees you using them for firearms, or muzzleloader transactions, or even ammo, they can cancel your account. Why? I don't know...stupidity. When it comes to selling any of the above, check or money order will work perfectly, and don't send item until it clears.

This guy just doesn't get the message, does he? Zonie usually kicks him off within minutes or hours. He comes back with a new internet address and registers again. We need to find out where he lives and give him the message in person!

So, yes, it's a fraud. Same modus operandi every time: messages you saying he's got a pal selling one and gives you an email address. Happened to me several times, but never took the bait.

I generally start up a conversation with a seller and gauge where he's coming from. Poor communication and I back off.

"Joe Roy" in Houston by any chance? manure. I mighta been had. :doh:
First time in over 4 decades. Live and learn. Well, I have some good friends in low places living in Houston.
Anyone got a nice .62 smoothy for sale that doesn't live anywhere near Houston or Dallas?

*Edit/sanitized
Minutes ago I received an email from him, if I want to use PAYPAL he can use his 'stepsons" account.
Yep. I've been had. Almost verbatim. $$ down the drain. *sigh* At least he only got a partial deposit.
Phone # from texts is: 469-806-****. 469 is not a Houston area code either. It's Dallas.
Email: ******@aol.com. I mean, who even uses AOL anymore?

wm (posting for the record)

Last edited:
Hey folks, I understand and agree with the fact the guy is scum. However, in this shitty day and age, some of your comments could come back and bite you in the a$$, especially if this guys turns up non-existent.

Hey folks, I understand and agree with the fact the guy is scum. However, in this shitty day and age, some of your comments could come back and bite you in the a$$, especially if this guys turns up non-existent.
I'm good and Brazos John's comment is spot on too.
The Controller doesn't tippytoe. I just hope it was worth it.
Woody out.

wm

Last edited:
Yeah, the scammers are on a down-hill slide - Karma will suck em down, but that doesn't help the scamee. Knowing the asshat is going to have bad things coming (sooner or later) might make me feel a little better, but doesn't make things right.

If you do get scammed....report it to your bank ASAP and they will usually make it good. They may do an investigation and take a week or two...but they will usually make it good.

Latest posts

Back