• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your workbench

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barebackjack

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Ive just acquired a nice maple workbench top. Roughly 32" by 60".

I would like to make a multi-purpose workbench (however a little heavy towards rifle building).
So im lookin for ideas to incorporate into this project.
Does anybody have any pictures of their work areas they would like to share?

Thanks

39" high x 8' long x 24" deep....not to big and my gun vise fits on top :v ...........bob

327197.jpg

I built my work bench out of 2x4s(doubled up for the corner legs) with three 2x10 boards for the top. I built the bench around a couple of cabinets I bought from Lowe's because I am lousy at making such things. Lots of work and storage area and a dust collection system incorporated into the design.

work_bench.jpg

I would show you mine but I would have to move the house & all the fixins from on top it for you to be able to see it! :hatsoff:

Davy

Mine's a little cluttered by a project right now. It's 16' long and faced with four, 48" x 48" sliding windows. Lots and lots of natural light! I also have a bank of halogen lights slightly to the rear of directly overhead as well as some flourescent lighting immediately above the bench. You can never have enough light! Rick

FowlerIII.jpg

Hey white buffalo, what you got on that holding your rifle? Looks like a homemade 2x4 vise and another as a rest? How do you like that as opposed to the standard bench vise?

barebackjack....i like it as i can use the vice and the home made one if i need to....that way i can use them to have the gun face right or left....like rick has two bench vices i have one....i also used the home made vice to hold my horn while i worked on it cause there was less vice in my way when i needed it....

RiverRat....that's the same rifle i was buying parts fer at dixons fair when we was there two years ago....that turd in my head kinda slowed things down a bit, as soon as the weather breaks it'll git done....

here's the plan i used fer my vice incase anyone needs them....

415509.JPG

327199.jpg

i use different size blocks to take up space when i need to so i'm not cranking the screw in and out so far....i have a 3/4", 1/2" and two 3/16" blocks that work good fer any space i need to use :v .................bob

Here's something dedicated to LR's, Pistols & powderhorns. It's a standalone walkaround unit. I also have a 6' workbench along the pegboarded wall.
100_0373.jpg

sweet...I don't have a bench at all either...someday maybe....I have the kitchen table up at hunting camp though that's kinda nice

Here's mine in my garage. I shamelessly barrowed White Buffs idea for a rifle vise. Mine is adjustable for a LR or a half stock by moving the support piece closer to the vise piece. I built my bench off of some plans I found on the net.
And yes, it is a MESS. I clean it off and a week or so later it's messed up again. :shake:
P2240032.jpg

P2240029.jpg

How do you guys get anything done with everything so organized?? :rotf: :rotf:
Craig

crgabel said:
How do you guys get anything done with everything so organized?? :rotf: :rotf:
Craig

i like finding stuff when i need to use it :rotf: :v ............bob

Davy said:
Dangit thats plumb clean compared to mine! :hmm:

Dvy

How's this?

100_3025.jpg
[/img]

100_3023.jpg
[/img]

Now, I know what you guys are thinkin': "How the heck does he find anything?"

Well.....I do, I know where everything is on that bench! It is the world's most orderly and organized mess there could ever be!

Hey Blah ... triple the size of your bench, & add about 10 times more stuff on it, and it will look like mine! :redface:

I once was gonna take a picture of it, but it broke my dig camera lense just thinkin on it! :shocked2: :hmm:

Now iffin I could do even a little bit of some of the work you guys do ... I wouldnt feel so bad about it all!:cursing:

Davy

Yer makin' me jealous Davy!

I'm heapin' more stuff on my bench! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :thumbsup:

Back