• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE LH .54 cal. rifle by Ed Rayl *New Price*

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If any of you lefties are interested, let me know. This is a LH .54cal. percussion rifle built by Ed Rayl. It has a swamped 38" barrel by him. It weighs about 7lbs. LOP is 13 3/8". It has a crack that happened while Ed was building it. It looks like a bark inclusion at the top started it. Curly maple can be delicate. Especially with all the wood that gets removed in the lock-barrel-trigger area. He repaired it and finished over it, and I haven't been able to break it so it is solid. I didn't find it until after I had tried to load a .535 with a thick patch. If that didn't hurt it, it's OK. It should be a flintlock, but the customer wanted a caplock. $2675 $2575 $2300 shipped. If no one wants it, then I'll order a flintlock and convert it. Should be a fun project. More pictures on my blog at 9-11-18. www.bricestultzhisblog.blogspot.com You will have to type it in. Google says this site isn't secure.

IMG_0177.jpgIMG_0178.jpgIMG_0180.jpgIMG_0181.jpgLongrifle 004.JPGLongrifle 003.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ed Rayl...never heard of him but he sure does some excellent work. Very very nice rifle and should sell easily. Only custom I can afford is a custom (stained, soon, by me) Kibler hehehe. The fit of that patch box is like the best work ever. Better than machined. Lottery will have to payout soon or I will be shooting my productions for ever more.

Ed Rayl...never heard of him but he sure does some excellent work. Very very nice rifle and should sell easily. Only custom I can afford is a custom (stained, soon, by me) Kibler hehehe. The fit of that patch box is like the best work ever. Better than machined. Lottery will have to payout soon or I will be shooting my productions for ever more.
Ed has been at this a long time- I was lucky enough to live about 5 miles from him for quite a while- he is quite renowned, and rightly so. A great guy who is extremely skilled.

Back