• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your best deal acquiring a muzzleloader, either trade or purchase

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A buddy from work owns a little gun shop in a small town fairly distant from any city of size. He came to me one day and asked if I was interested in a CVA kit that he took in trade towards a new weapon as I was the only one he knew of that shot traditional muzzleloader. It was a .45 percussion kit and I asked him what he wanted. $50 and it was still in the box! The guy had bought it at least 25 years ago and never put it together. I teamed up with my BP buddy and built it for my son for Christmas 7 years ago.View attachment 57812
That's one proud youngster. Love that smile.

I bought a baikal O/U 12 ga that I wasn’t using. I saw that a fellow had a TC Hawken for sale or trade on gunbroker here in Alberta. We traded info and pics of our firearms and decided to meet at a halfway point and do our inspections on the firearms in question. His TC Hawken had been fired only a few times, cleaned and stored away for over 20 plus years. The Hawken appeared to be brand new and unfired! I looked at this Hawken and my heart skipped a beat. The trade was made and I’m sure that I definitely got the better deal.

A couple of weeks ago w made a trade. Guy at work wanted an air rifle to trade for a muzzleloader that he couldn’t tell me what it was. We finally met up and I looked at it and said sure I’ll trade for that 😉 I traded him a Gamo Big Cat .177 air rifle for a 1977 dated Interarms .45cal Hawken in beautiful condition, but was loaded when I got it.
Previous owner had loaded with a power belt bullet which was easily pulled, as it was a hollow point. Cleaned the scuz out of the barrel and it looked great!
0F0AEC11-3D16-49BA-A6EB-5C8A1C0BD2E1.jpeg

Back