• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

York Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunatly won't be able to make it this year, one to many irons in fire something had to give !!
Wayne and Sterling will be representing eastern KY

dixie said:
Unfortunatly won't be able to make it this year, one to many irons in fire something had to give !!

Yeah, I was supposed to go to the Morgan's Creek shoot last weekend but changed my mind, figgered I'd save my gas money for the York. I been giving Wayne a hard time about posting the strings from that one. They's four of us from our club planning on going. So western WV will be represented. And I'm sure some of the Greenbrier Co. boys will be there. Planning on doing some shooting Saturday. My practice round last week pretty much sucked. I was messing around with a different patch lube and the wind got nasty...just went downhill quick. I'm sticking with my old load. Sorry you can't make it. I have a feeling with gas being what it is the numbers might be down this year. They were down a little last year. Hopefully we'll still be able to do it next year.
By the way, did you go to Morgan's Creek last week?

I've practiced more than I usually do, I'll have one good session then one bad one. The way I figger it, I need to have a bad session the last practice session before I head to Pall Mall. The way my luck will run, I'll shoot great and then go to the York and shoot everywhere but the spot I intend... :hmm:

That's a good theory but it never seems to work for me. I often tend to get 2 or more bad matches in a row. :grin: I added a piece to my cant block so I wouldn't have to sandbag my chunk base so I've been getting used to that. I think the most important thing is shooting enough to see how the wind affects the ball. I don't shoot this gun as much as my offhand rifle and what with the way we score chunk targets the wind at that range has a more adverse effect than when shooting a standard bullseye. Also getting into the habit of doing everything the same everytime, especially getting settled for each shot and aiming and holding the gun. I get rusty after a long winter and need to get back into chunk mode. And when I punch the first spider of the year I feel better!
:wink:

dixie said:

Wayne did real good! He showed me his targets. If I remember right he came in right behind Paul with just under 5". Just don't ask me how I did. Cause I ain't a tellin'. :redface:

Hear a local boy named Page Carr came in second. Was glad to hear that. Don't know what his string measurement was though. It had to be pretty good to place second at York. :thumbsup:

See ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Yeah, Page got second. Charlie Bowers was 1st and Paul Griffith was 3rd. Them boys tore it up. One of our guys got 9th. He was nice enough to share some of his flat meat Saturday night. Took off a little bit off the sting of defeat. A full belly will do that ya know.

It was good to meet the WV crew at the shoot. I really enjoyed the York and plan to be back next year.

Maybe I won't have to leave the next time with garbage bags full of wet camping gear. :grin:

Mike Davis

It was good to meet you too, Mike. I hope we run across each other again. Sorry I missed you Saturday night. Pat said that he talked to you. Me and John were plumb tuckered out and had hit the sack. I sure hope I shoot better next time. This was my worst string ever.

We got by with just a few damp items this time. At least the rain held off for the shoot. I got a bit damp at the awards ceremony, but I wasn't about to leave without my hamburger. Did you get yours? Anyhoo, till next time. By the way, if you ever get over our way, send word and if it's the right weekend you can come over to our range and shoot a bit.
:thumbsup:

Back