• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GEEZER SHOOT

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nit wit

.69 Cal.
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The Ancient Ones Of Maine December GEEZER SHOOT. The next one is Friday, January 13. Friday the 13th, WhaTTT?! Google Gomers Cave to keep up to date on our doings!
Nit Wit

Attachments

• thumbnail_20221216_115641.jpg
    thumbnail_20221216_115641.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 7
The Ancient Ones Of Maine December GEEZER SHOOT. The next one is Friday, January 13. Friday the 13th, WhaTTT?! Google Gomers Cave to keep up to date on our doings!
Nit Wit
Looks like a hoot! I do believe by looking at the photo, there are 1 or 2 wannabes. Younguns if ya will. 😂
Larry

Used to have a grey haired shoot 15 minutes away from me. January through April. Mostly a woods walk. It was a lot of fun, but The driving force behind it passed away and it ended.

There were a couple youngsters that participated, maybe early 20's. Some of you would count me as a youngster at 55, but I've earned my grey and don't consider myself young anymore.

55 is about the age at which I considered myself a geezer. Now at 66, I consider myself to br with one foot in the grave and the other on a patch of ice. I don't really fear the fall any longer though. I figure the Heaven branch of T/C is still making sidelocks.

Used to have a grey haired shoot 15 minutes away from me. January through April. Mostly a woods walk. It was a lot of fun, but The driving force behind it passed away and it ended.

There were a couple youngsters that participated, maybe early 20's. Some of you would count me as a youngster at 55, but I've earned my grey and don't consider myself young anymore.
It's up to folks left behind to keep it going. It can be very simple, as long as we are shootin. We have done them with as few as 3 shooters!
Nit Wit

I've never been to a "woods walk", though I gather it is similar to a sporting clays event. Thought I might set up a small course next summer. Anybody have suggestions on how to set it up? I plan to use empty milk jugs hung from cordage for targets. Yeah, I'll be doin' it on the cheap.

Back