• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TN-KY Long Rifle Show - Knoxville - First Time

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was my first long rifle show. I have attended many large gun shows, ASSRA specific small shows and other outdoor shows.
Size-wise, this was a small show compared to most non-muzzleloader specific shows I have attended.
Quality-wise this was fantastic.
I learned a lot.
Met the authors of many of the books I have been buying to learn more about this hobby and learned even more.
So many folks truly excited to meet new entrants and those "just looking" to see what this was all about.
Met some master craftsmen not only exhibiting their wares but happy to give advice on techniques, history and sometimes in-depth instruction to little groups.
When I first saw the "size" of the show I assumed I would "see it all" in an hour or two.
Six and half hours later, I finally left for home (a pile of books, DVDs, rough cut stock blanks and over 40 cards and phone numbers of regional makers).
I must say that I have attended gun shows 10x this size and left with little more than tired feet.
If anyone has the opportunity, I would enthusiastically recommend attending this small but high quality show next year.
These folks deserve a hearty congratulations for the quality of this event.

I slept with ear plugs in Friday night, to keep the bushels of knowledge I gained that day from leaking out while I slept.

I was there on Friday. I like this show and have been attending for years. I started going when this annual show was held at the Museum of Appalachia. The show got to big for the room there, so it moved down to the Jubilee Banquet Facility several years ago, where it continues to be held each year.
This year I didn't buy anything. Last year I bought a flintlock rifle. Year before last I bought a southern banded powderhorn.
I have been around this black powder/muzzleloader stuff for over 30 years. There is nothing I need. So, I got through the show in about two hours.

Latest posts

Back