• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wooden Stock For Bobcat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrayBear

36 Cal.
Reaction score
CVA seems to no longer make or service their Traditional line. They haven't even answered my two e-mails.

I read where someone bought up their parts but now I can't find my reference I wrote down and I badly need a wooden stock for my wife's Bobcat.

Thanks,

GrayBear

Call CVA direct and ask them. They have to support those guns for another 6 years or so by law. That doesn't mean they have the stock you need, but they are supposed to have parts for all their recent manufactured products. Forget the email option. I have the wood stock on my 36, so I know they made them.

I got an e-mail about a month and a half ago indicating that they had just ONE wood stock left. I replied and asked if there was anything else that I would need to switch over (ie a butt plate, trigger guard, tenon plates, etc) but never got a reply. Best of luck...

You could check out the Traditions product line to find an equivalent or similar model, then contact them about a stock. They distribute guns by the same company that made the CVA products, and many of the CVA/Traditions models are almost identical. You might find something that fits.

Try eBay, too. Bobcat barrels and locks turn up fairly often, I would assume the stocks are for sale, too.

I had the same problem, finally found a cva Plainsmen stock for around 10 bucks, with a little help and a few wood trimmings, , looks and feels great now...

Back