• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Won't be long...any GOALS the 2013 fall seasons?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
I'll start it off with goals #1 and #2:

1) Christen my .45cal Early Virgina with deer;

2) Squirrel hunt the 28ga Early Virginia instead of the .40cal rifle;

3)

4)

#1. Go deer hunting more than last year, and get a nice buck (6 points or better).

#2. Go squirrel hunting with my .40 cal. Southern rifle. And bag a few.

#3. Attend some Rondys and shoots this fall. I plan on attending the Natches, Miss. shoot sponsered by T.V.M. this November.

1 finish my 20 ga smooth bore flintlock.
2 use it to bag deer, rabbits , squirrels , ducks , and a turkey next spring.
3 shoot as often as I can
4 get some of the guys I work with interested in traditional muzzleloading
5 go on a couple of primitive treks this fall
:)

1. Shoot a decent buck with my "new" .50.
2. Shoot a fat doe with the same rifle.
3. Get into the squirrel woods early in the season
with my .36 SMR.
4. Shoot a turkey during the fall season.

1. Shoot my first bambi. And shoot him with one of my muzzle loaders.

2. Shoot my first wild turkey. And shoot it with a muzzle loader.

(And keep vigilant for any coyote who may be dumb enough to cross my sights.)

I would like to spend more time small game hunting with my smoothbore and would like to take a deer with my Tennessee rifle also.

1) I drew a mule deer tag and have procured some private land; white tail will also be legal so a BIG buck will do :wink: but would like a big muley this year.

2) I think I want to get into BP pistols, probably a 6 shot - Something I could shoot digger squirrels with to say 25 yards. Research make and models, caliber, etc..

I'm doing my best to pick up a 20 ga SxS and take it to the lower 48 this winter for some dedicated quail hunting. If squirrels, rabbits, pheasants, grouse or doves come my way too, so be it! Might pack my 12 SxS along in case duck or goose opportunities appear.

Like most of us here, I've always considered myself more of a big game hunter. But with an honest accounting of days hunted, shots fired, and probably even pounds in the freezer, I'm more of a small game, upland game and waterfowl guy. Time for me to go with the flow and organize a small game safari, I think. :grin:

As stated by others 1st is spend more time in the wild this season after that I would like to

2) try and get an antelope with the new .50 cal also if I can swing it get a hog with the .50. Take a few fence sitting friends out for some small game hunting with muzzleloaders and traditional bows.

(1) Get things organized prior to season.

(2)Thin out the herd...Put some doe meat in the freezer. :wink:

(3) Try not to get to tied down to one hunting area.

I hope these work out better than last years goals, which will still be on my to do list as well. :thumbsup:

Get another grandson "hooked" on traditional ML.Bought him a rifle this week,now to make a hunting pouch for him and gather the other items he'll need.

Back