• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Why no black powder hunting personalities

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what video????, send out the link. .I love BP videos.....
He posts them Sunday morning here on this forum, they are usually in the flintlock or smoothbore sections. Warning, you start looking for them, then you start watching them, then you’re hooked!

I’ve enjoyed cap and ball. Fellows out of Hungary I believe. He doesn’t hunt a lot but it’s enjoyable to me when he does. The history and technical stuff makes me want a whole room of different rifles to try though. There are obviously others that I like but I noticed he wasn’t mentioned
I forgot about him. His videos are excellent.

Hunting shows are expensive (as in, stupid expensive) to make. Travel costs for several people, hunting fees, trophy fees, this can quickly add into the high 5 figures or more for one trip if it goes overseas.

Then, travel with blackpowder is severely limited due to the "no fly" policy for BP, and many places don't have a local supply of BP.

Anyways, IMO hunting shows have more negative effects on the hunting community than any real advantage... So it's not a big miss. 😁

Jim Shockey used to have a show I think. He is/was an inline guy I believe. I don't watch much of that stuff to be honest. I believe hunting TV shows have hurt hunting somewhat.
I always thought it was a funny one, Jim Shockey almost got to use my inline to hunt hog deer. He loves his obscure “world records” and wanted to take one with a muzzleloader. I say obscure because they certainly have been taken here with muzzleloaders in years gone by but we don’t really have records for weapon specific animals taken - except for a bow hunting clubs own records, but they’re not nationally recognised.

Anyway, the owner of the Australian hunting magazine that was arranging his hunt got on to me too late for us to put it together and he ended up using a bow instead. I think he claimed a dubious world record for that.

Would have been interesting to meet him and hear a few stories.

Back