• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who made this 1861 Colt replica revolver?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makinster

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Who made this 1861 Colt replica revolver?

This is my second post about the 1861 COLT replica revolver I am picturing below. I messed up the link to the pictures and could not repair it. My fault entirely. I am starting fresh, hoping someone can tell me the manufacturer. It has two Italian Black Powder proof marks and an “XXI” stamp indicating 1965 as manufacture date. The top of the barrel is stamped ”NEW NAVY MOD. 1861 CAL. 36” in small letters. It also has “1” and “9” stamped in a couple of places: I suspect assembly numbers. The serial number is N1045. I can find no other stamps or markings on this revolver. I can find nothing to indicate its manufacturer.

1861-B-.jpg

1861-C-.jpg

This is a nice pistol. Parts fit together like they should. Very little cylinder movement when the hammer is cocked. I’d say it’s a better quality item.

1861-A-.jpg

1861-D-.jpg

But I really would like to know what Italian replica manufacturer made it. I’d like to think that one of your forum followers can tell me what company is responsible for this revolver.

Thanks, MAK
Again; really sorry for the screw-up with the previous post’s photos.

It is very unlikely that it was made by Uberti or Pedersoli as they put their logo on most of their products (unless they are building it for some companies like Cimerron (sp) or Colt.

That leaves Palmetto, Pietta, Armi San Paolo, Euroarms, Armi San Marco and a host of other companies who have been assimilated or gone out of business.

It is not unusual for the company that made these Italian replicas to fail to mark their names on their guns. Only 9 of 15 of my C&B revolvers have the producing companies names or symbols marked on them.

Looking through the new Dixie Gun Works catalog, Other than the trigger it looks identical to the Dixie 1861 NAVY made by Pietta to me! :idunno:

Did you look on the bottom of the barrel where it would be hidden by the rammer? I have one Navy Arms that is marked as yours, and that is the only place the name is stamped.

I checked through my research data and found that the only manufacturer of 1861 Navy revolvers that used an "N" prefix on the serial number is Ubeti. It is strange that the Uberti logo is not on the revolver somewhere. Like Zonie said, sometimes guns escape the factory without complete markings. This has been one of the biggest problems in researching these replicas.

Latest posts

Back