• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Early unfired Uberti 1861 Colt Navy by Liberty Arms Corp.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic shooter

Decades of bringing worthy orig. ML back to life
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
These well made Uberti revolvers were marketed by Liberty in the late 60s & 70s, great addition to early model replica collectors.
** Note the very small barrel & frame markings on this early revolver, no boldly stamped Black Powder Only as seen on newer replicas.
This special .36 cal. model 1861 Navy with 7.5" barrel came with a fluted cylinder equipped w/ safety lugs & beautifully case hardened
frame cut to accept a shoulder stock.
Nice aged patina on brass !

** Photos show Uberti's trademark stamp on left side of the lower frame.
This revolver's action is smooth with nice trigger pull & chambers index properly with the mint bore.

NOTE; Many replica revolvers come with chamber diameters that are smaller than the bore dia. producing blow-by & poor accuracy..
The chambers on this revolver measure an ideal .002 over bore size & should provide optimum accuracy & tight groups.

Priced at $375.00 plus shipping. I prefer a USPO money order.
Sorry not interested in trades, I'm 81 & it's time to reduce the population of my gun safe.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Relic shooter
Kuna, Idaho

Attachments

• 1861 Colt Navy Key RS forum photo IMG_2113.JPG
    1861 Colt Navy Key RS forum photo IMG_2113.JPG
    874.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 1861 Colt Navy LS photo IMG_2106.JPG
    1861 Colt Navy LS photo IMG_2106.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 1861 Colt Navy butt up view IMG_2107 .jpg
    1861 Colt Navy butt up view IMG_2107 .jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1861 Colt Navy bore photo IMG_2102.JPG
    1861 Colt Navy bore photo IMG_2102.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
These well made Uberti revolvers were marketed by Liberty in the late 60s & 70s, great addition to early model replica collectors.
** Note the very small barrel & frame markings on this early revolver, no boldly stamped Black Powder Only as seen on newer replicas.
This special .36 cal. model 1861 Navy with 7.5" barrel came with a fluted cylinder equipped w/ safety lugs & beautifully case hardened
frame cut to accept a shoulder stock.
Nice aged patina on brass !

** Photos show Uberti's trademark stamp on left side of the lower frame.
This revolver's action is smooth with nice trigger pull & chambers index properly with the mint bore.

NOTE; Many replica revolvers come with chamber diameters that are smaller than the bore dia. producing blow-by & poor accuracy..
The chambers on this revolver measure an ideal .002 over bore size & should provide optimum accuracy & tight groups.

Priced at $375.00 plus shipping. I prefer a USPO money order.
Sorry not interested in trades, I'm 81 & it's time to reduce the population of my gun safe.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Relic shooter
Kuna, Idaho
Bump

Warnings mandated by U.S. Govt. in 1972, earlier are not marked as such.
True,
I believe this revolver was likely made by Uberti in the late 60s.
As I recall back in the late 60s or early 70s Val Forgett acquired Colt's
percussion era tooling & sent it to Uberti to produce replicas.

True,
Your pistol looks like it has a 1969 date code on it.

True,
The first Italian pistols from Navy Arms made by Gregorelli and Uberti (1959) were made from copying a mismatched original Colt 1851 Navy that was smuggled into Italy by Bill Edwards via a US military officer. The pistol was given to Gregorelli as they had the license to produce firearms and Uberti didn't have a license yet. Italians did not use Colt equipment. The Italian pistols were made on Italian equipment. Uberti started producing their own pistols on their own equipment around 1964. Prior to that they were marked with a G.U. That original Colt 1851 Navy referred to above is now owned by a gentleman in Georgia.

Last edited:
Has a letter 'N' prefix, my chart did not show year for that letter ?
Being it did not have the bold 'black powder only' stamp I knew it was an early mfg.
The N is a prefix on the serial number and is not the date code. The date code is the XXV (1969) on the front right side of the frame.

The N is a prefix on the serial number and is not the date code. The date code is the XXV (1969) on the front right side of the frame.
My mistake your correct on the date code, thanks :thumb:
The letter 'N' prefix was just a production code, appears my age is creeping up on me.
40 some years ago I switched to primarily collecting & shooting originals so am a bit out of tune on replicas.
Back in the early 70's as an avid shooter I got pretty acquainted with Val Forgett & sold him a few nice examples
that he indicated he was going to get replicated in Italy.

I’d never heard that before. I wonder why they got involved and what agency issued the regulation?
Being an 'old' guy I can remember the early days of buying replicas, some had so few markings they almost looked original.
Some inexperienced flint & C&B firearm buyers of that era took the term 'black powder' literally & tried using black colored smokeless powder with tragic results.

Latest posts

Back