• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

High standard confederate replica

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakotama

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have a confederate replica that I would like to get more information on. It is a High standard Leech and Rigdon reproduction in a presentation box with a replica confederate belt buckle. Can anyone tell me when these were manufactured? I would also like to find out the value if possible. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_1631.JPG
    IMG_1631.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1632.JPG
    IMG_1632.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I have a confederate replica that I would like to get more information on. It is a High standard Leech and Rigdon reproduction in a presentation box with a replica confederate belt buckle. Can anyone tell me when these were manufactured? I would also like to find out the value if possible. Thank you for your help.
High Standard made the Arms of the Confederacy series for the bicentennial between 1974 and 1976. They made three reproduction confederate revolvers and a steel frame bicentennial revolver that had 1776-1976 and a liberty bell by the barrel wedge. The three confederate copies were the Griswold & Gunnison which was .36 with a brass frame , plain cylinder, and a round barrel. The Schneider & Glassic was .36 caliber with a Brass frame, plain cylinder, and octagon barrel. The Leech & Rigdon was .36 caliber with a steel frame, plain cylinder, and round barrel. They made around a thousand of each. High Standard sold cased and uncased versions of each. A cased one sells for around $450-$500 if unfired. A complete three gun cased set of these sold a couple weeks on GunBroker for $1200.

@Hawk54 explained it well. The Leech & Rigdon wasn’t brass framed so somebody put a Griswold & Gunnison in the box, or it appears that way.

@Hawk54 explained it well. The Leech & Rigdon wasn’t brass framed so somebody put a Griswold & Gunnison in the box, or it appears that way.
The pistol in his case is not a brass frame. The High Standard Leech and Rigdon frame in the picture dulled so it kind of looks brass. Like dull nickel. That looks like the correct pistol. The Bicentennial has a nickeled frame, ramrod, and back strap. High Standard also made a limited edition case colored steel frame engraved bicentennial and a brass frame engraved (both are rare). Here is a picture of a cased Leech and Rigdon and a bicentennial.

Attachments

• Leech and Rigdon.jpg
    Leech and Rigdon.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 0
  • HS bicentennial.jpg
    HS bicentennial.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
none of the parts have been swapped. They all have the serial number of #00273 stamped in all of them. Thanks for the info though.

none of the parts have been swapped. They all have the serial number of #00273 stamped in all of them. Thanks for the info though.
He wasn't talking about swapped parts but he thought someone may have put one of the brass framed pistols in the case instead of the steel framed Leech and Rigdon. The frame on the pistol in the photograph kind of looks like brass because of the not so good lighting and angle that the pistols lays at. You are correct that there are three serial numbers on each one. Barrel, cylinder, and frame. And they should all match.

gotcha. Yes it is was a case of bad lighting. I see what he is saying now. It looks like the Leech Rigdon that you posted. Black , steel and brass.

Back