• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who Made It?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captjoel

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I found an interesting percussion halfstock rifle that was built quite a few years ago (70's?) without a barrel signature. I know that identifying the gunmaker is like looking for a needle in lake Michigan, but there are a few clues he left behind to maybe help. First, he stamped an interesting claw mark into the wood just under the single screw side plate. He used copper, not brass for the toe plate, barrel key escussions, and nose cap. Lastly, the filed trigger guard and barrel tang are of a design I have never seen. He did very fine work and from the look of this rifle, I know he had to have built a few more. If anyone has any ideas as to who may have been the builder, I'd sure appreciate hearing from you. Thanks...Joel
PercussionHalfstock006_zps44950c76.jpg
PercussionHalfstock003_zps3df8ee41.jpg

Can't help with who made it, but whoever it was, he did fine work. :bow:
That is a truly unique and beautiful rifle, and I'd be as proud to own it as I'm sure you are.

Wow!

Only thing out of whack is that bolster screw. I'd get hold of The Gun Works in Oregon for the right replacement. I'm guessing other shops have them too, but I've bought them before from TGW.

Back