• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to find #11 caps?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was my local shore as a ship to. There aren't any in stock locally, they will ship to my store but still charges the hazmat.

That was my local shore as a ship to. There aren't any in stock locally, they will ship to my store but still charges the hazmat.
Maybe try 4 in your cart? BP does free shipping over $50.

I ordered a sleeve the other day and shipped free to store with no hazmat fee...

Thanks for the link, was hoping to find something local.
Continue to check with Academy and Cabellas/Basspro. When they re stock them they either have them on line that can be sent to the store near you saving the shipping and hazmat fees or they have them at the store. One needs to be proactive to get them. Some Walmarts carry them too.

Haven't been able to find any #11 caps near me in a while. Anyone know of a source in the central Iowa area?

Thanks, Matt.
I have been having the same issue, also got ripped off by a fake web site that sells shooting supplies. I emailed CCI to ask why it is so hard to find caps. They said they are producing millions on a daily basis and shipping out to retailers. I think they a lying.
See their response.

RE: CCI Contact Us – Technical Services/CCI
Yahoo/Inbox

cciexpert cciexpert at VistaOutdoor.com <[email protected]>

Mon, Aug 14 at 9:53 AM

Aaron,

We are currently producing and shipping millions of primers and caps a day. With the current market we are in it is very difficult for distributors and dealers to keep them on the shelves. Our products are sent directly from the plant to distributors. Where it is then sold to retailers and then to you. We have no way of tracking who has it or when they will receive it in stock.

Thanks,

Cody B./Technical Service Rep.

CCI/Speer/Alliant

2299 Snake River Ave.

Lewiston, ID 83501

(866)286-7436

cid:image001.jpg@01D8A750.95E4C610

Don’t doubt it and sounds like something the libs want.
I just bought small pistol primers from Academy for $8 per 100, in stock. Graf had no hazmat on the large pistol primers too. They pop up now and then.

Last edited:
Haven't been able to find any #11 caps near me in a while. Anyone know of a source in the central Iowa area?

Thanks, Matt.
Have you tried Cabela's? If there is a store near you, you can order them on line and pick up at the store. I just bought 400 caps and picked them up today, no shipping costs and NO HAZMAT FEE. I like to buy from smaller local stores but... I also like to be able to shoot! I refuse to pay $16 for caps + shipping + $24 for the Hazmat fee. Good luck!

I stopped using #10 or #11 caps from the major manufacturers a long time ago, at least 15 years. I got tired of trying to find them and having problems with the fit. I found that the RWS 1075 caps will fit the rifle #11 and pistol #10 cones just fine and have never had a misfire with them as I had with Winchester, CCI, Remington and several others. I buy them from vendors like Flint Locks LLC and others, who come to our semi annual muzzleshoots, in 1000 cap sleeves. Haven't had to do the infamous cap hunt since. I also buy my musket caps that way.

Well I got lucky, a friend was headed out of town and was kind enough to pick some up for me.
May try a muzzle cap nipple and see how it shoots as they are so much easier to find.
Thanks again for all the good tips.

Quit buying and make your own.

https://22lrreloader.com/
Use acetone diluted single base smokeless powder as your binder or acetone diluted Duco cement. Plenty of threads on here on how to make your own. I've said it dozens of times now, I'll say it again, I don't care how cheap caps get, I WILL NEVER BUY CAPS AGAIN!
Mine is in the mail headed my way! If you have any good threads I need to read, I'd appreciate a link!

Back