• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where do i ship a muzzleloader?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, sorry i didn't reply sooner. I sent it usps. She asked if it was a firearm. I said it was a disassembled muzzleloader. She said that if i had said no, they could have compelled me to open it but since I was forthright they would accept my word. Shipped no problem, priority mail with insurance for about 19 bucks. It was a GPR.

I would hate to see anyone go to jail or lose there right to own guns just because they dont know or understand the law. I prefer USPS for all my shipping needs. I can and do ship rifles and shotguns by them whenever I need to ship one. If its a muzzleloader I can ship it to anyone I want and BATF has nothing to say about it. BUT if its a cartridge gun then it must be sent to an FFL business or person. Handguns cannot be shipped via USPS and to do so and get caught will get you in a mess of trouble. I shipped one hand gun one time back to a firearm mfgr and will never do it again. It was stolen on its way to them and the replacement gun was stolen on its way to me!!!!! I'll do without rather than ship UPS!!!! FRJ

UPS is fine with muzzleloaders going to an individual, but God help you if they get damaged, as it's a long drawn out process to get a claim paid. UPS is the hardest on packages of any carrier.

USPS is fine to ship to an individual also, and very safe and reliable. They would be my first choice.

FEDEX is also fine, and very good handling packages. SOMETIMES, they will not take them no matter what they are at their hubs, BUT you then have two choices. One, get a manager and explain the muzzleloader regs, OR they will pick it up at your house, if you have a FEDEX account, all you have to do is create one. FEDEX is cheaper, and as I said, good at package handling, they are my second choice.
Some FEDEX hubs have changed over to only overnight shipping centers, is my understanding, that they will take them, but they would have to go overnite and the last time I looked that was over $150!!

The short simple answer is, that with MAYBE, the single exception, of the Ruger Old Army, no muzzleloader is governed by any Federal laws. Thus no serial # requirements.

Now, as an aside, there is some brewhaha over the ROA because of the availability of after market .45 Colt cylinders, thus making it a cartridge revolver. My take is, that as of now, if you don't have a .45C cylinder, and certainly aren't shipping one with a ROA, then all is fine. I bought one for Christmas, and it was shipped right to me. Personally, I think if you want a .45C, buy one, leave the ROA a BP gun. Only my opinion.

Latest posts

Back