• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

When's the next shipment of Schuetzen powder due ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyron4

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm set pretty good on 2F but would like to get one pound of 4f for the rock lock to try out. I've been using 2f and is working fine, just want to try some 4f because why not. . I get my powder from Powder Valley , reasonable shipping and Hazmat, plus there in no minimum order. Back in the spring they said they were expecting a shipment in May/June and we're half way through July. Any word when the next boat arrives ? -Thanks

Got out to shoot with a friend the other day and got to spend some time with his 40 cal flinter. He left his 4F at home s I primed with Swiss 3F. He was so impressed he asked for some to use and I gave him 1/2 pound. Was really humid and he said pan stayed cleaner than 4F. I am inexperienced in Flint so took his word.

That's not too surprising from what I've heard. All I have is 3F, so I can't really say though.

10-Ring on Jones Road in Houston had 3F Shuetzen for $32 this afternoon. Didn't ask about 4F.
Just checked their website, and they don't ship powder or primers.
Let me know if you decide to go there, I'll meet you and we can go get some tacos!

Latest posts

Back