• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I would have to think it was a private gunsmith...not much in Lapland and the Swedish Armory was a lot further south. I know there is a pretty strong military presence near the coast and I believe it has a long history there too...places like Lulea and Boden...might be a place a historic maker could have been able to get supplies. Let us know what you find out. :)
I will if i ever find out anything new about this thing! i did find two stamps on it - on both buttplate and triggerguard, both different to each other. i gotta try to hunt down whose's stamps they are to get on the tail of my gun.

Finished it up yesterday evening. Now, what in the world do I do with it? 😂

Ended up being 19” of bore. Fully rifled 12ga with a 1:36 twist. Anyone out there up to the challenge of building a flintlock slug carbine?
0C933B37-750A-4264-8496-437265F6CCE5.jpeg3F44D234-8861-48E4-832C-C9C774C2CEEF.jpeg

Please excuse the photos, weather isn't too good right now!

I finished my Woodsrunner, it's a .54 cal. with a middle grade of maple,(thanks Jim for a great piece of wood)! I sanded the comb down slightly to make it a little straighter, didn't quite like the hump that it had, l left the barrel in the white and did a little bit of carving. I used aqua fortis to stain the stock along with a mixture I made up of aniline dyes, scarlet red and golden oak, I like a reddish color on my stocks!
Now I'm looking forward to some nicer weather to get to the range and try her out!
Looks good and should provide some fun times at the range.

You must be warm with all that sun light coming in them new windows .
Glad your back making wood chips and holes and pictures we’ve missed you it’s been slow on the forum .😁
Very kind bud ... Nothin too exciting , Just tryin to get this oct. to round barrel to bed . Its coming along but slowly as usual ...

Melted down 4 clean/fluxed ingots worth of bullet cores that were in a 50 cal ammo box full of shells that my son dragged home, and were in a really ugly state of corrosion.

Mixed core lead is usually one or one and a half brinell point higher than dead soft but still works great for roundballs. Can't argue with free lead.

Was gifted this FFFg yesterday. Told the guy it was worth a couple Venison Summer Sausages at least. He didnt say no to that. Gonna use it in the CVA flint pistol I recently put together but haven't fired yet.

Screenshot_20240224_171209_Gallery.jpg

Ran our first match of the year with the Talking Rock BPShooters. 29 folks signed in, 23 shooters, maybe a new record for us. Cold, warm, then really cold and windy. Replicated the york shoot procedure for practicing next months real one. Plus got some exercise steps in.

Latest posts

Back